• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Checking in from Allentown, PA

EagleTG

Experienced Member
Hi all!

This Mid-Atlantic section is dead so I figured I'd kick things off. I'm from the Allentown area of Pennsylvania. I participate in the VCF Mid-Atlantic group via in-person stuff and the mailing list.

I'm primarily a Commodore guy, but have some serious ADD when it comes to computer collecting (no offense intended to anyone who actually has ADD). That said, I'm also into the classic Macintosh machines and a little of the old Apple II stuff. Not so interested in the desktop and tower Macintoshes, mostly the all-in-ones (including some of the more recent iMac all-in-ones actually). I also have a small Tandy collection as I worked at Radio Shack for about 6 years starting in 1995. Fond memories of how awesome that place used to be. I'm also bizarrely obsessed with weird portables, so I have a few KayPros, an Osborne, a few old Panasonics, a Toshiba, some GRiD stuff, and a variety of other weird stuff. I also have a Victor 9000 (Chuck Peddle/Commodore tie-in) and an AT&T 6300 (who knows why).

Let's get this Mid-Atlantic section going for those who aren't on the mailing list!!

(Moderator's note: This was moved from a regional forum.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm here, nice to meet you. I myself am more into collecting SGI and Sun hardware but I have owned and played on many an Apple II and even tried to save a stack of IIGS from destruction.

Yeah, there's a whole cult^H^H^H^Horganization that is kind of based at the infoage museum in Wall Township NJ. Reach out to EvanK on the forum (IF YOU DARE muah ha ha)

http://vcfed.org/wp/groups/vcf-mid-atlantic/

:)
Note: for the sarcasm impaired, I like Evan, I belong and contribute to vcfed. This was meant as an ATTEMPT at humor.

I'm here, nice to meet you. I myself am more into collecting SGI and Sun hardware but I have owned and played on many an Apple II and even tried to save a stack of IIGS from destruction.

Tried to save a stack of IIGS's? Sounds like a story hiding in there!

I'm in VA as well...western edge about half-way up the state...

Wesley

Back