• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Chilton's Guide to Kaypro Repair and Maintenance

awsome.. thanks.. so i think the first few help with the cost ...say $5 each for a copy.. then you not out of pocket..

No need to collect funds. You folks helped me so much on my restorations.

Just give me some time. My way to give back.

Hi Guys. I dropped off the Kaypro Chilton at the post office to mail it to the Book Scanning Service.

I should have something in a few days.

JA

WOOT!, Ok guys. I think I can get a PDF created for under $40.

I will authorize cost-free, non-commercial distribution of copies on a limited basis among your community of vintage computer enthusiasts.

Best regards,

Mike Forsythe
VP Editorial
Haynes North America, Inc.

Wow, a company with a reasonable attitude toward copyrights! Making it completely open source/public domain would have been better, but even the terms they laid out are more generous than I’d expect from any other publisher. Nice work and glad to know there are some nice people out there.

This is great news. Look forward to seeing the results! If you want us to chip in a couple bucks each I am fine by that.

Thanks for being persistent and getting permission! I, too will be happy to chuck in a few bucks to help offset your costs.

I would be very keen to obtain a copy too - in Australia. I'd greatly appreciate any help in this way.
Thanks
Dave:)

Chilton Kaypro Manual

Chilton Kaypro Manual

I would be very keen to obtain a copy too - in Australia. I'd greatly appreciate any help in this way.
Thanks
Dave:)

Of course, I'd be happy to help pay for the effort too!
:D:D

I can't believe that I have had to submit a missing mail package search. My Chiltons Book package was last seen in Jersey City NJ US on the 25th.

Keep your finger crossed guys, I don't want the insurance money, I want the book. It's near irreplaceable.

I'll keep you posted.

John-A

Last edited:
Still praying it shows up. I could care less about the stupid insurance claim.

The book wasn't "replacable" in my mind.

I'm beside myself. I can't even blame the book scanner service... It never got there.

JA

The book wasn't "replacable" in my mind.

I'm beside myself. I can't even blame the book scanner service... It never got there.
===========

JA, my sympathies are with you. I would ( AND DO) feel exactly the same way!
I reckon there could be libraries with the volume. It does not appear there are any in Australia, sorry.

Dave

Folks,
I have looked in Australia and so far can't find the volume.
At the following address I can find a number of US Libraries that DO seem to have it, based on its ISBN. Maybe someone reading this thread could access one of the libraries that DO have the hard copy. There are quite a few libraries across the US. I sure can't borrow books from the US!

Worldcat is at:
https://www.worldcat.org/search?q=isbn:9780801976261&qt=results_page

Possibly not, as the only edition of the book was published in 1985, the year the Kaypro 16 was released.

Back