• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Chilton's Guide to Kaypro Repair and Maintenance

Does it cover the Kaypro 16?

Yes, apparently it does!

In Microcornucopia No 34 1987, there is a note indicating that the Kaypro 16 IS included. (Though this is of little value if the book isn't available.)

Microcornucopia No 34 1987.PNG

Dave

Hi Guys,

I had the book in my hand for a "hot second", I can confirm that Kaypro 16 is covered.

Alas, Good Ole UPS has lost my only copy.

I acquired it for $90, spent $40 for the can service and got permission from Haynes.

I could care less about the money, I wanted the book.

Pardon me while I cry a bit.

JA

Did you already pay for the service even though they didn't receive the book? Seems like you should only have to pay when service is rendered?

OK i can't promise anything but have a friend in the US that's going to see if they can get an inter library transfer and scan it for me... here's hopping...

well i'm hopping all goes well with my friend in the USA she will contact the library on Monday.. she is giving them a week..

I certainly feel your pain in all of this...

Have you tried this document, in the meantime?

http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/kaypro/1484-C_Kaypro_Technical_Manual_Aug84.pdf

Good luck, I'm rooting for you!

smp

That's actually an older version of that manual, theres an '85 version out there that is linked to in a number of other threads (I don't have it off hand). I'm sure everyone here has that one, but more kaypro technical manuals, the better. I think the OP went offline in depression though since he hasn't returned.

The post office is nuts, MRArgent sent me a package on May 3rd,, it went into limbo until the 15th showing up West of his location (I'm very much east of him) and I finally got it a day ago. There were at least 3 major hiccups along the way... for no apparent reason.

yes we have touch down..... and the crowd goes wild........

now we wait.. she is doing in chapters from the book..

Attachments

• chirts.jpg
    chirts.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 10
WELL DONE Mate,
Great to see you'r elation - and that the VCFED crowd is being well served!
All CAPS for my video board re-do arrived in the last couple of days.

Oooppps! Sorry about that. I certainly hope he keeps pressure on the USPS. I would think that it's quite a rare thing that something actually disappears and is never found.

smp

Hi Guys, So glad we found a copy. I wanted to post the content of the original authorization email:

Mr. Anderson,

I received your inquiry regarding reproducing information contained in the Chilton Kaypro computer book.

In 1990, Haynes purchased print rights to Chilton automotive manuals. I can't say whether or not the Kaypro book would have been included in this purchase.

If Haynes does in fact hold rights to this book, I will authorize cost-free, non-commercial distribution of copies on a limited basis among your community of vintage computer enthusiasts.

Best regards,

Mike Forsythe
VP Editorial
Haynes North America, Inc.
P: (805) 262-3359
C: (805) 358-3338
www.haynes.com

Hi Guys,

My USPS Search for my missing Kaypro Chilton package is still not successful.

I'm really disappointed, but I need to move on.

I can file a claim and get my $80 I paid for the book. Yes I paid $80.. I recognized it's value to us here at the VCF.

I'm so glad @LS120 was able to secure a copy.

I'm looking forward to getting the electronic copy .

John Anderson (jjandersoj)

the good news is it's 1/2 scanned and in 1200dpi and will be 1 file in pdf.

so hope it will be soon

Hi Guys,

My USPS Search for my missing Kaypro Chilton package is still not successful.

I'm really disappointed, but I need to move on.

I can file a claim and get my $80 I paid for the book. Yes I paid $80.. I recognized it's value to us here at the VCF.

I'm so glad @LS120 was able to secure a copy.

I'm looking forward to getting the electronic copy .

John Anderson (jjandersoj)

Its a damn shame John, we all appreciate your effort though.
Mick

Back