• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Chilton's Guide to Kaypro Repair and Maintenance

Ok whom ever want's needs a copy please pm me and i will do a bulk email.. remember we were given a limited licence and not a fee for all to give it away or charge for it. it was ok for the group to have for repair/revive these dying computers, please be mindful of this and don't throw it all over the place. thanks and enjoy. LS120

if anyone has a dead kaypro they want to part out i'm looking for a keyboard (just the inner keyboard) as postage would cost a bit. or at a pinch the ESC key cap and switch. if you do pm me.. thanks

yes it still is contact me and i can put it up on my one-drive.. and if you want too give something towards it you can send what every you like to my paypal acc.. just ask for it.. thanks

yes it still is contact me and i can put it up on my one-drive.. and if you want too give something towards it you can send what every you like to my paypal acc.. just ask for it.. thanks
I recently got a Kaypro 4 as a "project". I have gotten the power supply fixed, but now it looks like the video analog board has a short from +12 to ground. Was hoping I could get a copy of the Chilton's manual from you. Would be happy to reimburse for expenses. Not sure how to email you within the bbs, so hopefully you get this. THX!

I don't have the Chilton manual specifically, but here's a manual with the schematics. Except for the very earliest machines, they all use the same mainboard, just with different stuff populated or not.

Attachments

• 1484-D_KayproTechnicalManual_Dec84.pdf
    5.1 MB · Views: 19
I don't have the Chilton manual specifically, but here's a manual with the schematics. Except for the very earliest machines, they all use the same mainboard, just with different stuff populated or not.
Thanks got that one and have started digging through the schematics.
I got the video analog board fixed last night and also found that there a short somewhere in the floppy drive power supplies.
Unplugging the drives lets the video and mainboard "boot" with garbage characters on the screen.
But the good news is that I have video and the video generator portion sort of works.
Right now I am digging around looking for a 2732 Eprom that I can erase and swap out for monitor ROM. The thought is that this will let me trace the data and address paths to make sure they are good.

i still have it.. just ask me and i'll put a link for you..
Hello LS120.
Would you please post the link for "Chilton's Guide to Kaypro Repair and Maintenance" again so that I can download it?
I tried to purchase it from amazon, ebay, but there is nowhere available.
Thank you very much,
John, Athens, Greece

Back