• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Cleaned up Model 1 with M1SE/M1RE in EI case

Dokken

Experienced Member
I'm always tinkering with something on my old computers and it's rare that I just set it up in my office for use. I recently took a parts expansion interface which had a cracked case, glued it back together, installed standoffs and put the M1SE and M1RE inside it. 3D printed some port covers and then I used some automotive spray paint to get a pretty close match to the original paint. Also has a working original mini disk.

Now for the glamour shot:

Attachments

• model1.png
    model1.png
    757.9 KB · Views: 40
Fantastic restomod! I'd be interested to see how you installed the MISE and MIRE in the EI case.

Thanks, Pete. It's not nearly as nice on the inside. I only have a couple of pics as I was thinking through the layout and this is not exactly final.

adhesive cable tie pads screwed to standoffs hold each board. MIRE orientation on the left lines up pretty well with expansion port to the front left (stock EI location?) and floppy connector in the back where the case was damaged, so I cut the case opening in the back. MISE with a CF 90 degree bracket (but it would fit with the vertical CF in the case...monitor stand area). connectors for power and ethernet in the right top compartment route out the back where original power cables went. power switch on back. and an SD extension in the left top compartment where serial board ? goes. works nicely.

Attachments

• model1ei.png
    model1ei.png
    926.1 KB · Views: 24
  • eimount.png
    eimount.png
    919.2 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Back