• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

CMB PET 3032 ( 2001N BOARD )

OK, so it is going into the weeds pretty quickly...

What EPROM (exactly) have you programmed my little test code into?

Dave

OK, so it is going into the weeds pretty quickly...

What EPROM (exactly) have you programmed my little test code into?

Dave
Tms 2532 JL ..... i have only these eproms now :( But i verified and seems to be fine...

That should work. My little program looks good as well...

My suggestion is to put all of the correct ROMs back into the PET, make sure the ROMulator ROM links are all OFF/OUT and that the ROMulator RAM link is ON/IN.

BASIC should fire up on the PET when you turn it on.

Dave

Last edited:
That should work. My little program looks good as well...

My suggestion is to put all of the correct ROMs back into the PET, make sure the ROMulator ROM links are all OFF/OUT and that the ROMulator RAM link is ON/IN.

BASIC should fire up on the PET when you turn it on.

Dave
yes i have basic screen in this way!

Ok,

So what happens now if you swap the Kernal ROM (in UD9) for my test code in your EPROM. Do you get exactly the same screen and CPU pin 7 response?

Dave

Ok,

So what happens now if you swap the Kernal ROM (in UD9) for my test code in your EPROM. Do you get exactly the same screen and CPU pin 7 response?

Dave
Yes same screen and same cpu pin 7 status.... i am desperate!

So am I now!

We have had problems with your EPROMs before haven't we? So are we repeating an issue we have had before with your programmer?

Can you put this EPROM (from the UD9 socket) into your programmer, read it and post a photograph of the bytes at the end of the code buffer again.

Dave

Attention! I discovered the problem .... I give up at this point because this thing is absurd ...

I reprogrammed this eprom with your little program, I checked and read the eprom again, then took the picture... I inserted the eprom in the pet and I saw that it didn't work as before. I reinserted the eprom into the programmer, I read again and this time it tells me it's empty....how is this possible?

It is not possible...

You must either be doing something wrong with your EPROM programmer or you have a funny EPROM.

Didn't we have this fun and games before?

After you have programmed the EPROM- exactly what did you do? Did you verify the EPROM against the buffer contents or did you actually read it?

It can't be the PET - unless there ate some strange voltages on the ROM socket pins that are killing the EPROM...

Dave

Did we not at some point discover that when Desperado's programmer is set for 2532 (or maybe only one type of 2532) it manages the pins as though the device is a 2732? I think it was during a disc drive repair thread.

i am desperate!! This tms2532jl eproms are crazy!! i verified the eprom with bin file the first time but when i reinsert the eprom on the programmer, he tell me that the eprom is empty...

Time to new eprom programmer or time to new eproms? Which eproms can be good for this bad eprom programmer? I noticed that these tms are not good...time to Hitachi eproms?

I mentioned this on that other thread.

I have the same programmer as Desperado. It works fine for the TMS2532JL IC, but....here is the thing:

There are 4 selection options listed for programming the 2532:

2532A (read only)
TMS2532A (read only)
TMS2532JL

The "A" selections are not supported for writes because of the programming voltages, the 2532A IC can be programmed in the GQ-4x if an adapter is made and treated like 2732A

I have never tried the 2532 selection, so it might not work properly, is that the selection Desperado has been using ?

The TMS2532JL selection works perfectly with the TMS2532JL IC.

i am desperate!! This tms2532jl eproms are crazy!! i verified the eprom with bin file the first time but when i reinsert the eprom on the programmer, he tell me that the eprom is empty...
Again,you are telling me what you think the problem is; but you are not telling me what process you are following to get that result.

It is the process I need to know. Exactly what are you doing?

Don't forget the programmer is generating a log file for everything it is doing. What is this log file telling us?

Dave

The eprom cannot likely go empty unless you UV erase it, it is just, for some reason, that when you go to read it in the programmer again, after trying it in the PET, it is seeing all FF's (presumably).

It might "look empty" say if the /chip select pin was not making contact at the socket in the programmer. It is unlikely that any voltages at PET's socket could damage the eprom.(unless it went in backwards maybe)

Make sure the eprom pins are clean and that the GQ-4x programmer is set for TMS2532JL and nothing else and try again.

Last edited:
I used TMS2532JL setting but with this option the eprom programmer fails :( I used 2732 option and and it seemed to have written but instead then it is empty :(

I used TMS2532JL setting but with this option the eprom programmer fails :( I used 2732 option and and it seemed to have written but instead then it is empty :(

It is pretty unlikely your eprom programmer has failed, the GQ-4x is a good programmer and known to work for these IC's.

Maybe try another TMS2532JL IC.

Back