• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Code Identification - A long shot

ipscone

This would be a long-shot in determing what this code is for, but someone might know, if they have documentation. What I'm looking for is the source for this.

The code came in three 1K EPROMS. The EPROMS were addressed

C000-C3FF
C400-C7FF
C800-CBFF

The IMSAI had RAM, MIO board, Video Board and a Tarbell Cassette. I have checked the normal source codes, listed in these boards and none of them have memory maps that match this. My first thought might be floppy disc. But there is no floppy interface with this system.

The actual code in the first part of the first EPROM is as follows:

Code:
F3 21 00 9F AF 4F 77 23 0C C2 06 C0 31 FF 9F CD
C1 C9 00 00 00 21 5A C0 CD 4F C1 21 00 00 11 00

Anyone know what this code is? Anyone know where the source might be?

I guess it could just be code the original owner wrote but the starting address at C000 looks familar. Just can't find anything to match this.

If I could dump the memory, I probably wouldn't have to ask the question here. I have no way to dump the EPROM. I have no other software in the IMSAI and would have to write some serial port program, to dump it to my PC. And that would be after testing the MIO. I think it's probably related to the video interface, MIO or Tarbell interface but none of the standard code uses that memory map.

In any case, the reason for my question was in hopes of determining what this code is, without having to write more code and test the Serial interface. Like I said, it was just a long shot.

ipscone, it's going to be a function of how much work you want to put into this.
This site has many experienced and knowledgeable people but they can only help based on the accurate information you provide. A picture of the board(s) is a must. It’s not even clear on what board the PROMs you mention reside. Are they in sockets? If so, they can be removed and any PC based PROM burner/reader can be used to read them or somebody would do that for you. Look for data/text in the PROM. This is easy to find/see. How did you get the bytes you listed? Use same for bytes at towards end of PROM; this is usually where ASCII data is placed.

Back