• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Commodor service manuals

vic user

Veteran Member
I have the following manuals, which I would happily photocopy some or all of, to any who need info:

1)
Datasette schematics, including tape speeds, write speeds, and PCB layout.

2)
Commodore Disk Diagnostic Manual
Version 3.0 4040 Format
Version 3.5 8050 Format
PN 314052-01

3)
Service Manual
64/64C
PN 314001-06

- Includes circuit theory, parts lists, PCB assemblies, block diagrams, you name it.

4)
Commodore Diskette Diagnostic Manual
1571 Version 1.1

5)
Commodore 1541 Troubleshooting & Repair Guide
- Michael G. Peltier
Howard W. Sams & Co.

Re: Commodor service manuals

vic user said:
I have the following manuals, which I would happily photocopy some or all of, to any who need info:

1)
Datasette schematics, including tape speeds, write speeds, and PCB layout.

2)
Commodore Disk Diagnostic Manual
Version 3.0 4040 Format
Version 3.5 8050 Format
PN 314052-01

3)
Service Manual
64/64C
PN 314001-06

- Includes circuit theory, parts lists, PCB assemblies, block diagrams, you name it.

4)
Commodore Diskette Diagnostic Manual
1571 Version 1.1

5)
Commodore 1541 Troubleshooting & Repair Guide
- Michael G. Peltier
Howard W. Sams & Co.

I could use the 1541 and 1571 manuals since I have a few drives. Any chance you could scan them into a pdf document?

The 1571 manual needs the diagnostic disk that goes with it. I can check my stockpile to see if I have the disk somewhere.

The Commodore 1541 Troubleshooting & Repair Guide is huge (over 200 pages)
What I will do is try and scan the table of contents for you, and then we can go from there.

Hopefully I can get this done in a couple of days.

Chris

I managed to get an unused scanner at my workplace to work, and am now experimenting with the thing.

I have limited experience with a scanner, so its taking me a while to figure out the best way to save the info and all that. My first attempts ended up with huge files!

Still, photocopying is so much faster than scanning. But with scanned images, we don't have to worry about postage and all that.

So, if you can wait quite a while, then I will eventually have the manual scanned and saved in text format, or you can get a printed copy mailed to you, in a much quicker time period.

Due to the limited time I have to use the scanner at work, and also how slow scanning is, I am gueesing that it wil be quite a while until I have the whole book scanned in.

Chris

I do have the 1541 and 1571 user manuals online.

Here is a link to my little yahoosite:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vic20files/

Just go to the 'files' section.

There is also a neat little 4 minute sound file that someone uploaded, called Vic20mix. Lots of vic 20 sounds put in. Perhaps the rest of the music was done on a 64.

Chris

vic user said:
Just go to the 'files' section.
Or rather, first sign up to be a member of your Yahoo group, and then go to the Files section.

The VIC-20 remix was done by Timo Raita a number of years ago. To my knowledge it is one of the few or only VIC-20 related remixes, but it was definitely made with some modern synthesizers apart from the VIC sounds.

It seems vic_user and the other allies in this group doesn't send eachother e-mail (and IIRC, Yahoo has a spam filter and/or moderation on external messages to its groups).

Quite interesting to see that exactly two members (me and mc71de) are members of both the Yahoo groups "vic-project" and "vic20files". Since the former seems to have ceased, maybe I should see if it is possible to unite these similar forces.

Since the former seems to have ceased, maybe I should see if it is possible to unite these similar forces.

I am open to anything, and however I can help out, just let me know.

I do have some personal web space I have not used up, and perhaps once I focus on it, I can set something up there and have the vic 20 files available, so people won't have to sign up to a yahoo groups account.

Chris

Unknown_K said:
I dont want to have to join another group with their junkmail :cry:

You can specify in yr setup that you do not want to recieve any email. Also, they give you a mailbox that you cn point the spam into and not recieve it in yr regular email.

--T

Unknown_K wrote:
I could use the 1541 and 1571 manuals since I have a few drives. Any chance you could scan them into a pdf document?

-----
Hi;

I just don't have the time necessary to scan them in. Scanning takes forever (at least with the setup we have at work).

If you still want a copy, I can photocopy it, and mail it out to you.

Chris

Dont go through the effort, my drives still function at the moment. When they stop working I will look into getting the manuals.

Thanks for the offer.

Back