• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Commodore 64 black and white screen on mini lcd

Desperado

Veteran Member
Hi guys and good summer for all!
Please i need your help....
i need to use a commodore 64 on a small lcd with a din-rca cable....unfortunately when i connect and i turn on, i can see only black and white screen.
If i connect in a big lcd tv, i see all colors....
what can I do?I ve try to adjust Ct1 trimmer but nothing change :(
Thanks
Davide

I wouldn't change anything at all on the computer. These Chinese LCDs are notorious for this. You're actually lucky you have a picture at all. Unfortunately the only real recourse is to try a different one.

I wouldn't change anything at all on the computer. These Chinese LCDs are notorious for this. You're actually lucky you have a picture at all. Unfortunately the only real recourse is to try a different one.

Can i try with another cable???

perhaps it's a pal/ntsc mismatch? Some LCD will support both, others don't.

I think that there is not a signal....chrominance or luminance maybe....

Well what do you get if you connect that same cable to a different colour composite monitor? If you connected the big LCD the same way with the same cable, then there's nothing wrong with your cabling and signals.

Well what do you get if you connect that same cable to a different colour composite monitor? If you connected the big LCD the same way with the same cable, then there's nothing wrong with your cabling and signals.

If i connect this Commodore to another big Lcd, works fine....
Can i solve the problem with a lumafix maybe?

I doubt it. Really, the small LCD just isn't up to the task. I've got a pile of them that do this. I assume that you can get one that works, but I haven't been successful yet.

The ones I have don't work on any of the old computers I have. C=, Apple, TI, etc.

Back