• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Compaq 8086 Deskpro wanted

the xt guy

Experienced Member
I'm looking for one of the first Compaq Deskpro models, the one with the 8086 CPU. Keyboard need not be present. No monitor wanted, unless it is the Compaq green screen mono (not the amber).

Hi im a big compaq fan i have a compaq deskpro 8086 and i wouldnt part with her this one i have i got from a friend he had taken over his fathers workshop when he died and it was dumped in a metal scrap bin.

luckily for me she had suffered no ill effects and the hard drive is still good.

Apart from this one i have not seen another and from what i have learnt they are very thin on the ground.

they are destined to become a collectors piece, i hope your search is sucessful when you do get one i am sure you will like her as much as i do

good luck !!!

to Ron from Dakota Vintage Computers:

I'm still interested in the 8086 Deskpro. Please contact me through the private message feature of this board or via the e-mail address I sent you.

Thanks!

the xt guy

Back