• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Compaq DeskPro ROMs

Compaq Deskpro 386-16 EGA ROM

Compaq Deskpro 386-16 EGA ROM

I was a member of the Compaq Deskpro 386-16 electronics design team.

I have a Deskpro 386-16 that has been in my garage for 33 years, and remembered I had not captured the EGA ROM image, so opened the chassis, pulled out the board and captured the AMD 27128A-10C EPROM with my XGecu TL866ii Plus programmer.

Here is the binary image (I verified the Compaq Copyright message at the end of the image):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YK6OGOrj-jsODZuKWk0wU13dyHWKopPk/view?usp=sharing

The EPROM label - before pulling it back to see the EPROM mfr and type read (the first 3 was on a tear in the label):

106633-003

Here is a photo of the EGA board (P/N 000412-001 Rev A, with a sticker indicating Rev G):

attachment.php

I've got this card, with ROM P/N 106633-001. I wonder what changed and if I should upgrade it. If it's useful for me to dump the ROM let me know and I'll get on it, otherwise I'll get to in someday, probably when I start working on my Deskpro.

Hello, I have try to found the "Compaq Deskpro 386-16 " BIOS ROMS , but no luck. Does any body can send me the 2xEPROM Bios :) . I want a revision of board before 1988 - the only board with TTL. Where can I found it ? I was looking about for that :

email: neven1989@abv.bg

Last edited:
I've got a 386/20e and a 486/33m (with a 66 Mhz 486 CPU board in it) if you need debug dumps from either of them.

I want only from that board , because it is only TTL and I have the manual and schematic from it. I want to try to make my PCB from schematic with KiCad

I have the manual and schematic from it.
Is this currently online? If so where? If not please can you scan it?

The URL for the 386-16 Compaq ROM image I have is here:

http://www.pcjs.org/devices/pc/bios/compaq/deskpro386/
I can't seem to find the files here. I'm trying to document the deskpro 386 BIOSes here:

Only one I could find was the one on Bitsavers.

Last edited:
Back