• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Compaq portable II power supply schematic

Broosky4

Hello just bought a compaq portable II after years of searching for one. But after stripping it down to see why it will not turn on it appears that power supply has burnt out as one of the riser boards on the psu has disintegrated. So I was wondering if anyone can tell me if I can power it up using an standard computer psu or does anyone know the pin out and voltages for the power connector.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Did you find the PSU schematic, I am also looking for schematics for me Compaq portable 1 especially the PSU and vdu card

I take it noone ever found a schematic for the Compaq portable II power supply. Anyway the part number is 104180-001. Mine literally just blew up on me. Since these are hard to find Id like to just modify an existing power supply to fit in it since there is space but I need to know the pinouts to the psu or system board for the J203 card edge connector this PSU connects to the system with. Does anyone have any info at all?
IMG_20180531_120155559_HDR.jpg

Since my psu is toast, maybe someone with a working compaq portable II can disconnect thier PSU and give us the readings for each pin on the card edge connector. That would be a a good start.

After some offline messaging with VERAULT, I managed to reverse engineer the connector. I added the description to the page dedicated to my Compaq Portable II.
I am not 100% sure this is right, but it looks like that. I hope someone can verify that.
Pawel

Back