• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Compatible Screens for Toshiba T3200SXC?

T-Squared

Veteran Member
For now, I've decided to abandon the restoration of the screen for my Toshiba T3200SXC in favor of using a more-modern approach; plus if the LCD type is the same as the T6400SXC, it might hurt my eyes. (Seriously. I bought one in hopes of swapping the screen, but it was the wrong size, and wrong brand, yet it works, BUT it makes my eyes hurt with its refresh rate. Did anyone who used them have problems looking at the LCD screen)

Like I said in my thread a long time ago, complaining about how expensive those unused low-demand monitors are ( http://www.vcfed.org/forum/showthread.php?57875-Toshiba-T3200SXC-(An-LCD-Screen-rant) ), I have a backup plan. I hope to use an LCD monitor that preserves the white-screen-black-text approach.

Now, I've tried a display with those characteristics, but nothing appears when it turns on. I've tried multiple times to rewire the connections, and double checked them. Nothing, even when shining a bright light through the back. Am I missing something in how the digital signal is getting to the monitor? (The connection DOES work, as I said before, because I plugged it into the monitor from the 6400SXC, even though the casing of the LCD module itself didn't fit into the computer.)

All I have done is wired the signal from the internal monitor connector directly through an adapter that would fit onto the new LCD monitor.

Others have had success, but not me.

Back