• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Comprehensive Computer Catalog

Erik

Site Administrator
Staff member
Hans Pufal was maintaining the CCC for a time. I can't seem to find it
anymore.

Does anyone know where it currently resides or if it still exists?

Thanks!

E

That page has a link to the old location of the catalog. The link is now dead, unfortunately.

That IS the catalog I want, but it ain't there now :(

E

I found an email that is still active....(as in didn't come back with an invalid email message) so I emailed him about where this website now is.

the website www.aconit.org seems to have a french version of that database. I believe one of his partners (or friend or ex partners), a certain Mr. Grenoble has aconit.org which may be why that database is offered there. :).

I dunno, the link seems to be working for me. It takes me to a page with info about old computers, calculators, peripherals, etc...

--T

EDIT: Oh, I see now... the page has a link to "Comprehensive Computer Catalogue", but it appears to be broken/dead.

--T

Which link?

The link I provided first contained, among other things, a link ot the CCC but it's the old address and if you click on that on the website then it tells you that it's not found.

MystikShadows said:
I found an email that is still active....(as in didn't come back with an invalid email message) so I emailed him about where this website now is.

I supposed I could have emailed Hans. . . ;)

MystikShadows said:
the website www.aconit.org seems to have a french version of that database. I believe one of his partners (or friend or ex partners), a certain Mr. Grenoble has aconit.org which may be why that database is offered there. :).

Hmmm. Not too good with French but I'll see if I can locate it. Maybe I'll ask about the English version. . .

Terry Yager said:
I dunno, the link seems to be working for me. It takes me to a page with info about old computers, calculators, peripherals, etc...

Yeah, the page listed above works. On that page is a link to the old CCC which is dead. . . :(

E

MystikShadows said:
here's a direct link to the db

Ick. All I want is the big-ass text file he used to have posted. . .

I'll track down his email tonight (I've got better archives at home than at work. . .)

E

Back