• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

CompuAdd 320/325 SIMM board

Anonymous Coward

Veteran Member
This is not my auction, but as these proprietary RAM cards are very hard to find I figured I'd post the link here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOT-OF-4-CI...mputing_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a94c47cc1

It appears to be a 16MB expansion board. You can tell what it is by zooming in and examining the blurry text.

Also in this auction is what appears to be a 286 accellerator card for PCs, but I was not able to find any documentation on this particular model.

that 286 accelerator board looks more like a cpu card for a computer, I don't see a cable connector for it anywhere. I'd buy the lot for the ram chips, and the simms, that fan card might be kinda rare too, I'd place a cheap bid late in the auction, but the shipping seems excessive though.

I've heard that not all CPU accelerator boards used the ribbon cable that goes to the 8088 socket. I'm not totally sure what it is, but the model number is printed on the board if you zoom in. Perhaps newsgroups has something on it?

It's called :
PC GT286TM
Applied Reasoning Corporation

...infact, somebody once mentioned a similar board by this company on the forum:

http://www.vintage-computer.com/vcforum/archive/index.php/t-4215.html

Not sure if it is the same product or not, but apparently you can read about it in a 1987 issue of Byte Magazine:

Applied Reasoning PC-Elevator add-in board for IBM-PC, Nov page 161, Dec page 98

Last edited:
Back