• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Texas Computer Reset in Dallas is still going for just a little while (new LGR video Feb. 2022)

Covers: Texas
The way that stuff was stored no auction company would touch it.

I hope people take the machines apart outside incase there are roaches or spiders inside.

Roaches? what would they eat? Roaches are attracted by the filth of people. There would not be any roaches! Trust me, I have been to enough slums to know that. No people living there, no roaches.

No youll get spiders and centipedes.. predatory insects.

yeah.. there could definitely be nice.. but again they only stay if there is a food source nearby (but it could be from a next door business)

Yeah for the 150$ fee I could not see anything in the videos of value for what I restore (not into IBM systems) maybe a few Okidata printers but nothing tallying to at least 150$.(not to mention the 8 hours of a driving return trip to Dallas but that is just my perspective. As the LGR guys said it's been picked at the pile since 2019, I should have bothered to get there in the earlier years, but when I was looking I considered it a health risk (ie hurt oneself) at those times.
well glad they are getting free help. and eventually have no more to be bothered with it.

PS: "Fascinating" was way overused by Mr. Spock in that video.

I don't know, this video was both good and bad. The good part was finally explaining what the organizers are actually doing (or figured out over time. and remember almost nothing has been explained to anyone that does not have facebook, so the procedures and cost is new to me). The bad parts was this intended process wasn't apparent since the beginning of this, and now LGR showing the current state after two years, now ruins the coolness factor that originally was there, since he didn't really show anything cool or new. It was rather boring 30 mins compared to his thrifting videos. There is almost no reason to go now. They probably should have ended it on the previous LGR experience. For me I might have gone if I was local, but even $150 now they let all the obvious stuff go it's a hard choice for most anyone. I only would be interested in trying to complete some of my own salvaging projects by searching the common stuff left, which is not worth $150 for pretty much anything. Even in this LGR video, he asked people what they were doing with it, and they said "I don't know"! Not a good sign seeing the stuff they piled up outside is pretty plain stuff for it's time.

I'd rather go to an estate sale with a 9x9 bedroom completely full and just as disorganized of computer parts, like I did a little while ago, because it's much easier, common, and less hyped. I think something like computer reset could work out if they were better at communicating and incentivized better and pushed more locally to get people to come with equipment and trucks rather than to have random people sign up or show up through youtube influencers and facebook.

There are actually 2 Facebook groups.

"Computer Reset Warehouse Liquidation": This is the "main" Facebook group, where shopping events are announced, people can post pictures/videos of the stuff they found, took home and fixed, etc. LGR's video this month caused a huge boost in the number of members in the group and there are now over 10,000.

"Computer Reset Warehouse Buy and Sell": This is the "swap meet" group. Anyone can ask for or offer any vintage computer item for sale. It doesn't have to be from Computer Reset. It's also a great outlet for odd stuff you found in your boxes that you have no use for, like a TRS-80 Model II terminator.

So even if you don't have an interest in going to CR yourself, you can still join the Buy and Sell group and get stuff for well-below-eBay prices.

Not for me: If it requires joining Facebook it ain't happening. Don't care how much good stuff they might have I will never join FB.
100% agreed... There is absolutely NO reason to use it.

Watch the first LGR video... at the end he plain as day states " Its a shame its on facebook. I really dont care for that platform" Because even LGR understands facebook is stupid.

Facebook was made for introvert and predatory college guys to creep over pictures of female students. This is the model everyone chose to follow? How exactly does that pertain to vintage computers?

Last edited:
I'm sure the flat fee will be reduced as the closing date approaches and more of the good stuff is gone. But as-is, a lot of that late '90s stuff that was once dismissed as worthless is now worth far more than $150. For example, a good Pentium III motherboard can go for $300+. Plus as Clint showed, there are still piles of PCjr accessories and vintage IBM software and manuals -- and those Executive Workstations that remain untouched by the 8-Bit Guy.

I'm not a fan of Facebook either, but the Computer Reset group was created in 2019, before Zuck's shady business practices really came to light, and at this point it would make no sense to switch it to another platform when the place is going to be closed for good in a few months anyway.

-- and those Executive Workstations that remain untouched by the 8-Bit Guy.
Pretty sure those were in the area designated for "museums". Although it seems to be when the 8bit guy made those videos and they were newly found it may have been possible to buy them with a good offer.

I never saw TX DJ's video (referenced in the backstory durring LGR's first video) since he pulled it down at the familys' request. I wonder what those first folks saw when some unidentified person was started to let people in.. Thats what I want to know. What was it like before the internet caught on.. What finds were there?

"A good Pentium III motherboard can go for ...". Since I didn't feel like watching the full video do they let you test any of this. If not how do you know anything is good. For me $150 still is way too much to "hope" I find something there I want/need.d Yeah, I love wandering thru places like that. But make me pay for what I remove, no a pre-entrance charge. I'd be really pissed if I found nothing.

Its like paying a cover charge when your a young man to get into a club or bar.. You get inside and realize the scene just SUCKS!.... And you got duped!

Well, its not really like that at all.. But regardless.. Its what I said.. So Im sticking to it.

Even if I lived in the Dallas area I'd not go there for that price. $10 or $20 maybe. Then again I have gone to other events that charge that and they were a bust. So probably not. Let me look thru first. If I find something, tag it and then we can talk how much. Guess not. I doubt there is really much there I'd want. Anything good is long gone as is always the case.

Sure a rare and hard to find P3 motherboard that supports 4/8x AGP and has native Tualatin support can go for $300+ but the generic P3 OEM systems with built in ATI Rage and only PCI slots are not worth much. Some Dual CPU P2/P3 systems are also collectable.

I do agree that some of the 90's era machines are getting collectable and are not worthless like they were a few years ago.

I think everything was considered worthless at some point and valuable later on if it was high end and good quality when made.

Vwestlife is right about P3 machines. This buyer of mine on eBay keeps asking about me selling him a DOS gaming machine. I tell him I really dont build or sell those.. He ended up buying some worthless dell p4 for over $500.00. Its trash to us but young people with money feel the need to pay really high prices for that stuff. Must have been the first computer in thier house as kids..

Go on and look at these crappy computers on the eBay SOLD listings:

the list goes on and on... I wish I kept some of this to sell.. Wait I may have 3 or 4 somewhere.

I snagged a few P4 motherboards (and full systems) because the chipset had W98se drivers and you could use SATA drives. They are the fastest 98/ME era machines around. Granted I paid little for mine or got them free.

Don't forget that last generation P4 systems were from the capacitor failure era.

A pentium 4 IS NOT A WNDOWS 98 MACHINE just because you can load windows 98 onto it. That kind of talk is why people make those false listings. These are WINDOWS XP machines....
Don't forget that last generation P4 systems were from the capacitor failure era.
Where era are you living in...? Were still in that time as far as I am concerned... Flat screens constantly overheat and cook the caps (new stuff)

Well bad designs are different then faulty made parts. I have replaced many capacitors that were heated up by CPU cooling fans and plenty that were nowhere near a heat source but were badly made.

If I can install Windows 98 on a computer it IS a Windows 98 machine. Actually WinME would probably be better and ME was still supported When XP was around so they coexisted a while.

If I can install Windows 98 on a computer it IS a Windows 98 machine. Actually WinME would probably be better and ME was still supported When XP was around so they coexisted a while.

Those ridiculous listings are making me wonder if I owe it to myself to see if there are Windows 98 drivers for the cute little Pentium 4 Optiplex I have in the garage... no, wait, that thing only has half-height slots in it. Even though the Radeon 9000 in it would probably do an "okay" job it's not qualified for GAMERZ.

Companies like Dell were actually pretty good about supporting Windows 98 well past its sell-by date on their "Business" PCs. Funny thing about some big (really big, like, huge) corporations: they'll have internal IT standards set by committees that reevaluate them on geologic timescales, so they'll sometimes demand their vendor support installing gawdawful old versions of Windows on machines years after sane people quit using it. As late as 2004, when I was working as a software development lab pit boss, we'd get people demanding we set up Windows NT 4.0 directory servers to test our product against because (insert big financial institution here) was still using it. (And the same went for desktop client VMs with painfully obsolete OSes.)

Last edited:
Back