• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Conner 2MB Floppy Controller on IBM XT 5160

Ok so card arrived today, and after some drama, the machine at least see's a floppy controller. Spins the drive up to seek, no more 601 error. Downside, will not boot 720kb diskettes... Till I figure out what is going on with the keyboard situation, kinda stuck with diagnostics.

Did manage to get Landmark Diagnostics working, and shows a pass for floppy controller, but fail on seek test. But it is a step in the right direction.

Its strange I have 5 XT compatible keyboards, and none of them reliably work for more then a boot or 2. Wondering if the keyboard jack needs to be replaced.

Also managed to find a good deal on a MFM+Floppy controller card (Everex EV-390). Will update thread after figuring out why keyboards aren't working.
So it was you that bought that one on ebay I just saw :D

Just an update, The Everex ev390 came in the mail yesterday. Had a tiny bit of corrosion but all traces are good. Could only test so far without a keyboard. Gave up on the 4 XT keyboards and ordered a converter. AT to XT keyboard adapter should arrive Thursday as well as the 24mhz crystals. So if all goes to plan, will be playing with both cards Thursday or Friday night.

Back