• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Correct seetings for latest XTIDE and lo-tech CF-lite.v2

prime

Experienced Member
Hi all,

I'm trying to update the firmware on my Lo-tech CF-LITE v2 to the lates XTIDE firmware. I've tried using both the IDE-XT and IDE-XTL, but obviously edited the settings to be XT-CF v2/v3/Lite in PIO mode base address 0x300 (which my card is jumpered for). Saved the bios, combined it with the others I want in the ROM and then flashed it with my Wellon device programmer.

When put in the 5150, the machine boots, it recognies all 3 ROMS in the assembled image (XTFDC**, XTRTC** and XTIDE), but when XTIDE comes to detect the drive it just hangs and can't find the card.

The previous version worked fine with the same jumpers / settings. This version also doesn't work if I burn it to the ROM on it's own.

**XTFDC is the dissasembled and re-assembled High density floppy code that I posted a couple of years back, used with a standard multi-io card.
**XTRTC is the new self wrote support BIOS for the now working RTC card.

Cheers.

Phill.

There seem's to be a problem with the more recent revisions of the XUB on the official download site, Namely R599 thru to and including R602, The problem is with the HotKeyBar, Try R598 on the official download site.

There seem's to be a problem with the more recent revisions of the XUB on the official download site, Namely R599 thru to and including R602, The problem is with the HotKeyBar, Try R598 on the official download site.

Ahh that seems to have fixed things. Didn't help that the release I was trying was avery old one from the googlecode site :(

Cheers.

Phill.

Back