• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

CP/M 86 on my Zenith z-100 question about games

Zen

Hello all, I’m very new to this and just picked up a functional z-100 with color monitor. I am looking to get some text based games for it but it’s very difficult to find them in Z-Dos. I also have the CP/M-86 boot disk and was wondering if the text based games for that OS that are more obtainable will work with my hardware. Does anyone have any experience or suggestions to share? I’d love to get a copy of Zork running on this thing.

Thanks!

CP/M applications generally interface to the system through the BIOS, since the hardware was extremely diverse. I would also assume this to be true for CP/M-86. So if you can boot CP/M-86, text-based games like Zork should work without issues (especially since Zork itself exists for CP/M-80).

Just try it.

This isn't much help, but the first computer I worked with as a child was a H/Z-100. We had CP/M but mostly used Z-DOS. I recall being able to play all the text-based Infocom games through Z-DOS by run a simple BAT file. I do not have a clue what the file contained, but it seemed pretty simple. A fix existed at one time.

Back