• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Current Log of Projects, Selling some Stuff.....

creepingnet

Veteran Member
First off, I'm going to start selling some of my vintage gear on E-bay. Do have one question though, is it worth any big box software where the disks may be bad? I'm testing a lot of disks and have had a bit of a lapse of confidence over some old software I have had for awhile because of my 486's inability to read just a handful of the disks I have on hand....might be trying the 286 later if not going well.

So my question is would it be worth putting any big box software up for auction with bad/questionable media? The reason I ask is because I don't want to waste time and money posting stuff nobody would want. I'm testing EVERYTHING before I post it and want to be sure I don't waste my time.

Currently I only have my Mac SE up for auction as the drive I had up sold this morning.

Current Projects Done/Going On

Tandy 1000A - V20, 8087, Design/Build my own Gamepad(s)

Mac SE - For Bid/Sale on E-bay - Already packed and boxed up. Will ship once the payment clears my bank acct.

GEM 286 - Taking it out to run it sometime soon. Needs a "Maintenance Run" - it's the only PC that has not been booted up in 2021.

Versa 40EC - Needs new screen, old one blew it's power supply. tempted to cobble a replacment out of parts on hand

Versa M/75 - Digitizer is all that's left (besides the active stylus)

Versa V/50 - All fixed up now, bad fuse on motherboard, so it's back in action...do need to get a 6.3a SMD Fuse for it eventually though

Versa P/75 - Fix the battery latch mechanism, I found a washer perfect for the job.

486 Desktop - All fixed up and running. Had to switch to the new memory I bought 4-5 years ago because the old ones were loose in the sockets and causing it to drop from 64MB to 49MB on boot periodically, also causing errors and corruption issues with data. Also put Windows 2000 Pro on it with the mSATA adapter, building out a 5th drive eventually, probably OS/2 or Linux.

NEC Ready 9522 - Getting prepped for E-bay. Just need to check on the CMOS battery situation, and do a wipe and reload w/ drivers to factory spec. Should make someone happy once it's up for auction.

Dell Dimension 3000 - Also getting wiped and factory reloaded for auction.

Mitsubishi TV - Need to get the Dialectric for the Anode Cap, and get the screen degaussed, then I'll end up using it a bunch probably.

Panasonic Sound/SCSI Card - Need to find the device resources for the card, so I can run some audio through it and find the pinout and make my own "breakout speaker" that slips between the PCMCIA cards in the PCMCIA bay of my Versa M/75. Seems not to be detecting due to some kind of crazy hardware conflict.

Back