• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Damn those gui's

JT64

Experienced Member
Our new gadget almost got an old PC-XT guy have a heartattack. Damn those new GUI's after failure to login to the Android app shop, my wife suggested to reset the device and i did so. To my horror the device only booted halfway....... I feared some ****er decided to not make a full Android backup installation. No settings no apps just a pointer interface and backbone the mouse pointer was just a ring with cross, the device was not possible to shutdown and i felt the os installed in rom or ram was faulthy. My first thought oh..... this thing have no floppy, no CD. Just SD reader and USB interface lets hope it can both from those.....
I cursed my wife for telling me to reset the device, and now i feel i own her an apology.
It turns out after contact with the seller who was kind enough to give support in a matter of hours.

That the crossed pointer was just waiting for me to adjust the touchscreen so after using the pen 16 times the thing would boot up as normal, i almost freaked out on the thing.

Damn those gui's ;D
https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=B818A757899DC189&id=B818A757899DC189!2450

Would be nice with a project thread at vintage computer, where you could see what people try to make our vintage gear doing.

Back