• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

British Columbia Data General Eclipse S/1x0 Chassis (no boards)

British Columbia

NeXT

Veteran Member
Well I was close to getting a complete system. :p

I have received all the boards AND the front panel off an Eclipse S/130. They were working pulls but the previous owner recycled the chassis because it took up too much space which left me with the boards, the front panel, a 6030 dual 8" drive and the front panel for a 6021 tape drive.
At the very least I just need the main chassis to put the boards back together and run that as-is. I can deal with disk and tape later.

Could try hitting up David, I know he just got that semi counterfeit Centurion and he was going to ditch the 19u rack it was in for a spare legit one. Perhaps he be willing to give you it? Not sure where he is located...

What makes you think that any part of a Centurion mini is useful as a DG Eclipse chassis.

Yeah, not even remotely similar.
Even though Data General was a big competitor to DEC and were selling commercially successful systems their hardware in comparison is quite poorly documented. There isn't even a section on /pdf in Bitsavers. I have no illustrations of the chassis, just a vague idea.

Linked, because it's a big image.
(The article it's from is here)

It's about 8 or 9 rack units tall, the card cage is side-loading and note the edge connector on the lower left. The front panel plugs in there. I have no other images to reference from.

Last edited:
I figured a 19u chassis is a 19u chassis. Only dif be the height. Better then a 2x4 frame. If you have better bear , please feel free to share.

That fake centurion is I believe 8-10u tall, so should fit. I just figured it work until you could find the original, and at least its semi dated to the correct era. Figured maybe since you have your youtube channel, it could be offered free, and perhaps be a nice joint effort material for videos.

I don't know David at all, so I feel it would be a little obtuse to just email out of the blue and make a request like that.
Also he isn't in Canada, so in my current climate shipping is not an affordable option.

Shame you arent local, tons of free or near free 19u racks by me. Just snagged a 8' 3com one a few weeks ago for 50 bux, with keyboard tray and everything.

I don't need a rack though. I got so many racks I got one outside storing gardening supplies.
I need the chassis. The thing that holds the boards, power supply, backplane etc.

Back