• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Dayna File Drive

collector

Experienced Member
I have a Daynafile Drive that has a 1.44mb drive and a 1.2mb drive, original box, power supply, manual/guide, and driver disk. I have not tested this but it does turn on. Looks to be in good shape. The disk was able to be read by my mac color classic.

Quoting from the manual:

The Daynafile is an external scsi disk drive the the Macintosh computer that allows two-way sharing of data between Macintosh and IBM PC's. This means, that you can use Excel on your mac to change a spreadsheet created on a PC with Lotus 123. You can copy documents that have been created on a mac onto an MS-DOS disk so they can be edited by applications on an IBM. It is a file sharing device. Macs and pc apps can access the same data files on the same msdos disk. It lets the mac read and write info directly on the msdos disk itself. Any msdos disk you put in the daynafile dirve appears as a disk icon on your mac screen desktop.

I will do my best to test this in the next few weeks but I doubt I will be keeping this. So, do any of you have any interest in buying this wonderfully rare piece of computing equipment? If so, just send me an email at desktopseller@gmail.com with a very high offer.

Sandy
Snohomish, WA, 98296

I have one of these and they're freaking awesome. It's essentially a SCSI to dual channel floppy controller and supports 720k and 1.44mb 3.5" drives too.

Hi Next do you still have your Daynafile? I'm trying to track down the 3.1 driver, and 4.1 ROM.

Back