• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Mid Atlantic DB-37 cable Free

Covers: New York, Pensylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, Virginia, Maryland and Washington DC.

agentb

Experienced Member
Delivery Options
In Country Shipping
Anyone need a DB-37 cable? This is about 5ft and pretty heavy duty. Free with shipping from 19018.

Attachments

• db37-2.jpg
    db37-2.jpg
    769.3 KB · Views: 15
  • DB37.jpg
    DB37.jpg
    502.4 KB · Views: 15
If anyone else is interested, let me know and I'll roll the dice to see who the lucky winner is.

What is this cable even used for? External floppy drive? Or are there other devices too?

Hi, I'd be interested. I can be used for older floppy disk drives like the Altair, Pertec ...

I would like it too. Seeing the first PM I thought it was just gone.

If anyone else is interested, let me know and I'll roll the dice to see who the lucky winner is.

What is this cable even used for? External floppy drive? Or are there other devices too?
Let the first guy have it. I was only asking for seconds if that fell though

Hi,

I'd say the guy with a 1/2" tape drive should be considered before little floppy drives since the cable looks to be for a larger external connection than a little box sitting next to an Altair 8800 computer.

In all my life, I have never seen a DB-37 cable or connector. A DC-37, sure, but am not aware of a DB-37 animal, DB-25, DB-44 and DB-52, sure...

440px-DSubminiatures.svg.png

well fortunately for pbirkel, `shuf -i1-3 -n1` returned 1 so shipping to him today. Thanks for playing!

My experience with the Qualstars is that the DC-62 connector is used for the Pertec interface. SCSI on my Qualstar drives uses the standard 50 conductor "blue ribbon" cable.
I was a bit curious about this since a DC-37 lacks sufficient conductors for a Pertec interface and is not usual for them for SCSI.
I'd appreciate being updated on this if I'm mistaken, thanks.

Back