• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

DEC MicroVAX 3300 - clean and working

MattCarp

Experienced Member
Whether you’re mining bitcoins or subcontracting for the NSA, when organizations needed power, they called for the VAX. Now you can have your own data center with the MicroVAX 3300!

This VAX is clean and fully working. This VAX actually comes in two cabinets, the main BA215 cabinet and the auxiliary BA215 / R215F storage expansion. Between both cabinets there are 3 hard disks: 1 RF72 (1GB), 1 RF71 (400 MB), and 2 RF30 (150 MB each).
It has a full complement of cards in the Q-Bus chassis:

KA640-AA CPU (M7624-A)
MS650-AA 8MB memory card
MS650-AA 8MB memory card
MS650-BA 8 MB memory
TQK70 tape drive controller
KZQSA SCSI controller

Also included is a DEC RRD42-DA SCSI CD-ROM drive in its own standalone enclosure as well as a replacement CD-ROM, the faster RRD43-AA (for the CD-ROM drives you’ll need to supply your own SCSI cable, SCSI terminator, and standard AC power cable).

Of course, what VAX would be complete without the operator terminal quietly resting atop the cabinet? Included is the DEC VT420 serial terminal.

VMS version 5.4-3 boots but I’ve also included the OpenVMS 7.4 hobbyist CD if you’d like to load one of the latest versions.

This machine is fun - I hate to sell it. But look, if you’re serious about computers, or if you’re a collector, it’s time to man up and get a VAX!

Shipping only to the lower 48 US states. It will be freight service or local pickup.

Price $650

vax-2.jpg vax-12.jpg vax-7.jpg vax-1.jpg vax-10.jpg

If I was local I would be pretty tempted to grab that. I have a BA430 4000-200 and a BA440 4000-500 but don't have any systems in the BA215 cabinet.

Great excuse to check out VCF-SE ;-) ..er.. I mean if you're cool it is.

Hilarious! I was having a busy April and was overdue to check in here. I really enjoyed VCF-SE last year and was happy to see I didn't miss it. I'll definitely show up. Who knows, maybe the VAX should come in tow!

Back