• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

DEC PDP-8/M on eBay

Just under $600, wonder how long it will sit at that price? Would suspect that all the action will be in the last couple seconds but maybe prices are starting to drop?

Just under $600, wonder how long it will sit at that price? Would suspect that all the action will be in the last couple seconds but maybe prices are starting to drop?
I doubt it will sell for that amount. The last few minutes will see it shoot up. Always does.

I doubt it will sell for that amount. The last few minutes will see it shoot up. Always does.

Here's my Official Price Prediction(tm):

It will sell for between $2500 and $3500 (and not to me!)

Now to see how much a fool I've made of myself in two days... :)

-Twylo

Crap. You trademarked it so none of us can guess unless we pay royalties. The internet is tough these days.

I'm going to take a shot at this pdp/8. I've been wanting one to add to my dec collection. If anybody on the forum wants me to duck, just let me know.

Thanks.

I'm going to take a shot at this pdp/8. I've been wanting one to add to my dec collection. If anybody on the forum wants me to duck, just let me know.

Thanks.

Hi Roe,

Good to see you back.
When are we going to have that chess match?
(Thanks for key; works great and I don't have to use the power plug as an on/off switch)

Hi Roe,

Good to see you back.
When are we going to have that chess match?
(Thanks for key; works great and I don't have to use the power plug as an on/off switch)

I'm going to have CHEKMO-III (written for OS/8 compliance, and can be found on diagpack2.rk05 on David Gesswein's site) running at the VCF SE 2.0 this weekend. I'll have an 8/M and 8/E there, one playing ADVENT, and the other doing a combination of things, like MUSIC, CHEKMO, BASIC, etc.

But anyways, I'm still looking forward to seeing a chess match here!

Kyle

I'm going to have CHEKMO-III (written for OS/8 compliance, and can be found on diagpack2.rk05 on David Gesswein's site) running at the VCF SE 2.0 this weekend. I'll have an 8/M and 8/E there, one playing ADVENT, and the other doing a combination of things, like MUSIC, CHEKMO, BASIC, etc.

But anyways, I'm still looking forward to seeing a chess match here!

Kyle
Excellent. VCF SE is a bit too far for me to travel. But seeing a pdp-8 playing Advent is cool. People will enjoy that I am sure.

I had some power supply issues in my BA123 and managed to fry the 11/83 CPU board. I found a replacement on ebay, and I'm hoping to have unix back up this weekend, gods of magic smoke willing. Before it blew, I got the system up on the internet with a public IP address, and set it up so people could telnet to 24.72.2.225 on port 8000 and actually watch the game in progress.

If all goes well, I will start a new thread this weekend and we can set a date and time...

I had some power supply issues in my BA123 and managed to fry the 11/83 CPU board.
That is a scary outcome! does anyone have an idea of how the BA23 PSU generally performs when it goes into a fault condition? should I be thinking of replacing the PSU with something more modern to protect my precious QBUS boards?

Thanks.

Were you the lucky bidder?

It only takes a couple of guys anywhere in the world with too much cash and a sudden hankering for PDP-8's (or any other reasonably uncommon item) to greatly increase ebay prices.

Last edited:
Back