• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Dec RL01 disk drive or parts

harry

Experienced Member
I am hoping someone in the UK ( or anywhere actually) may have, or know of, a complete, or incomplete, Dec RL01 disk drive, or parts, I have various RL01 disk packs, and a non working drive, but now need parts to make a working drive?
thanks Harry.

Sorry Harry - I must have lost track of a thread?
As you know I do have numerous RL02s - but no RL01s.

So far I have "refurbed" (AKA cleaned) 2 of my RL02s - and they work perfectly. I can read/write them from BSD2.11.

What do you need?

I could spare a "not yet opened" one - but it might be junk. However the pile of RL02s that I have were used until recently, so you would be unlucky to get a totally knackered one.
Or I could take pleasant evening or two and see if I can give it a clean, a new belt, check the heads etc. If you are about to molest it for bits that seems a waste!

What is most knackered on the drives is that some plonker opened them with a screwdriver. The latch (and sometimes the fishing line) is often in a bad way.

How little money do you have ;-) And where do you live (tell me off line?) I MAY be travelling to Bisley for a seminar at the end of April. It MIGHT be possible to drop a unit off at a mutually convenient point. Since my inverness/bisley trip is 10 hours each way I am NOT keen on diverting to anywhere off my main path.

Are these parameters too messy for you?
I have a "narrow" cabinet and a spare cab that is "fat" and that looks like this http://www.digitalheritage.de/computers/DEC/PDP11_24/PDP1124.htm

Last edited:
Back