• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

DEC units on ebay

I wonder if it makes the sound of a 57 Chevy clashing gears like a true VT52 does.

s-l500.png

I'm impressed that this 10 page DEC PDP-8/E 8/F 8/M Interface Configuration Guide 1973 went for $70.
I'd be interested in seeing a scan of it someday if it ever shows up online.

Last edited:
Too bad I've been outbid the PDP8/A front panel on the English Ebay... Too many people collecting these things... :(
Wow - somebody really wanted this 8/A front panel. There was the sudden increase from GBP 173.00 to GBP 551.22 with the winning bid at GBP 561.22 (US $675.15).
It looks like there are too many rich people getting into this hobby. :(

At some point these prices will get high enough that it will be worth the pain to sell some of my collection on eBay.
I hear you... Honestly, I've thought this a few times myself.

I've gotten outbid on a number of things lately... with things being listed as "wall art", I think sellers are appealing to a different crowd these days. Look at the price of what any of the front panels (switches or not!) are going for.

-Chris

I noticed the prices of VT-525's seem to have gone up in the last few years. What's a Microvax 3100/85 worth these days?

That one is a VaxStation workstation not a headless MicorVax server like the one I have. The workstation has max of 32MB RAM while the 3100/85 has 128MB Max if that means anything.

"My understanding is that a monitor that supports "sync on green" is required and none of mine support that. "
I am in the same situation with a VaxStation 3100 model 38.
I tried to make a quick and dirty adapter with resistances (it worked for me back in the day to connect a CGA board to a TV) but it didn't work this time.
I wonder if the problem is not on an incompatibility on frequencies between the VaxStation graphic card and the monitor or maybe those monitors do not support 1024X864.
Could an quick and dirty adapter + converter VGA => HDMI be useful?

"My understanding is that a monitor that supports "sync on green" is required and none of mine support that. "
I am in the same situation with a VaxStation 3100 model 38.
I tried to make a quick and dirty adapter with resistances (it worked for me back in the day to connect a CGA board to a TV) but it didn't work this time.
I wonder if the problem is not on an incompatibility on frequencies between the VaxStation graphic card and the monitor or maybe those monitors do not support 1024X864.
Could an quick and dirty adapter + converter VGA => HDMI be useful?
Are you sure. Much to my surprise I found that several of my VGA TFT monitors work with sync-on-green and my VAX VLC so its worth a try.. I do see patterning on the background but the display is rock solid and clear.

I have also been using an Extron DSC301 https://www.extron.com/product/dsc301hd to convert to HDMI.
If you flip to the features tab you will see this supports RGsB so sync-on-green..
(https://pointerclicker.com/rgsb/)

There is also the RGB-HDMI 300 A which is similar but only has one input

these pop up used on E-Bay from time to time. e.g.

&

so might be worth a try.

Last edited:
Back