• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

DEC units on ebay

It depends upon the chipset that the monitor uses. We currently purchase monitors that do not support synch on green as far as the specifications are concerned, but the manufacturer stated to us that the chipset they use does support it.

However, their new range of monitors use a different chipset that do not support sync on green. They are not getting any more orders then...

Dave

Thanks Dave, I will look into to those devices.
OK, so I plugged the HDMI out from the Extron DSC 301 HD into a BENQ monitor, and then plugged the RGB from a VAX/4000 VLC The moiré patterns are from the camera.
Then my Atari ST on Monochrome High Resolution. Not so great but I am sure it could be improved. Then in Medium and Low res.

20230310_203339.jpg20230310_204914.jpg20230310_210004.jpg20230310_205440.jpg

WOW! VT05B on Ebay and it appears to be partially working!
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

Check out this seller's other items, lots of great DEC stuff! Curious if this person is a member here? Looks like they have a decent DEC collection they're downsizing...

-Chris

Last edited:
Here's another great auction by the same seller as above:

Super-clean complete 11/05 (with core) + RK05 + Packs. This would make a great turn-key (or nearly turn-key) setup for someone looking to get into PDP-11's.

-Chris

Last edited:
These went quickly.
Yeah - there's some pretty deep-pocketed collectors out there, so it doesn't surprise me a whole lot. The 11/05's generally tend to go for big bucks normally anyway and the VT05 is just so rare that I was tempted to jump on it myself... but there's just no safe way to ship something like that.

-Chris

Back