• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

DEC units on ebay

It sold for $2000. Sadly it would have been to expensive to ship. Hopefully it goes to a good home.
I didn’t get that unfortunately, but I did get the other one that was there:

1685117643139.jpeg

Hopefully the buyer is road-tripping to get it. Logistics from that very rural area is tricky, I had to make quite a few phone calls to find a company that does anything close to “white glove” service as far as crating. It’s costing me nearly $2k to crate and ship the other desk (and matching LA35) to my door - still well worth it to me. There is only one company near to the location that does crating/packing.

-Chris

Last edited:
May be of interest to UK and beyond collectors,

I have no connection with the seller.

DEC PDP-11/70 just showed-up on FaceBook:
351170375_1010415750152530_3685664850246065476_n.jpg

Listed in the "Vintage Computers" private FB Group.
image.png

Looks like the seller is going through an estate, there's a whole bunch of other DEC stuff there too (terminals, keyboards, disk packs, power supplies, etc).

I'll be passing on this myself, but it definitely needs to find a good home.

-Chris

Hm. Wish there was a linking to a site that didn't require facebooking to view.

I think this is a private group, but I don't want to connect to FB or join this group, so I am not sure it's the right one.

Too bad it's private, that info will forever be locked behind someone's paywall.

I don't see a link? Did a quick search on FaceBook but came up empty.
Yeah, it's a private FB group unfortunately. Also, it looks like shortly after I made my post, the group owners deleted the seller's post.

Not sure what the current status is... was chatting with the seller last night and he mentioned that there was "heavy" interest in this machine.

I suggested that the seller deal with Dave (from the LSSM) as he's in the same general area (and I know Dave would give a good home to this machine).

-Chris

Oh this is nice: The FPF11 for the pdp11/23 and 23+. Serious 64 bit 2901 based number cruncher. I have one and it's worth it. :)

$229 is a pretty reasonable price.

Back