• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Desperately wanting a Cooler Master Elite 350 case in any condition

computerdude92

Veteran Member
350.jpg

Hi guys,

I'm looking for this Cooler Master case pictured above. I really need one and am willing to pay shipping to Alaska. Thanks.

Rude question, but why that one make and model specifically?
I can understand if this is purely for nostalgia purposes but if this is something else it might be a bit more practical to source any other ATX case.

Thanks guys, I'll see about contacting that company to ask if they have any leftover ones in stock, and on the other hand, i'll gladly give a best offer to anyone here if they have a copy of the case to sell.

I called Office Micro Systems and no they don't have any available.

I also contacted Cooler Master. They no longer have it either. It's discontinued.

So I'll just have to wait until an affordable one shows up on Ebay...

Last edited:
Antec VSK4000E-U3 is similar, although it doesn't come with a PSU.

The lack of "normal" PC cases these days is disappointing. I don't want a window or crazy lights.

I miss having more than one 5.25" bay (if that) in newer cases. I do like the nice cable management.

Antec VSK4000E-U3 is similar, although it doesn't come with a PSU.

The lack of "normal" PC cases these days is disappointing. I don't want a window or crazy lights.

I feel mostly the same way Plasma! Why can't computers look like computers?! Do we pimp our microwaves?? o.0

I love how this Elite 350 case I want looks just like a 386dx 40 but modernized... It looks a lot like the late 80's to early, early 90's tower cases, but it's a whole lot sexier being black, and the styling is not overdone like many modern cases. It's beautiful in it's simple design...

I think all those old beige cases would've been nicer looking and much more respected today if they were all black instead of beige... but I do think some beige cases are not ugly looking, it really just depends. Silver is another great color like black for a computer, especially if both are used together as a two-tone, or one is used with some hue of blue.

Last edited:
Not sure if I missed something, but black ATX cases with a more "classic" look are not that hard to come by. As for that Cooler Master Elite 350, HP made systems very close to that for almost one decade. I think they were called "Convertible Desktop" cases by them. These are also dirt-cheap here. No idea about prices in Alaska, however.

We used to sell prebuilts using that model of case. AFAIK they were discontinued many years ago. I'll look and see if we have any left but I doubt it

I was referring to new cases. In my recent search, only about 4 out of hundreds were what I would consider normal. They are available, but an extreme minority.

Personally I prefer the beige stuff from the 90s. The airflow sucked but they were built like tanks.

I tried a "new" case recently (a Corsair 275Q). Ended up ripping apart the front panel so I could prop some 5.25 devices in, then went back to a Cooler Master HAF XB, which so far is the best combination of size and utility I've seen. I'm afraid that's likely discontinued too.

The things I'm surprised you don't see more of:

* "horizontal mainboard" form factors like the HAF XB. With the enthusiast video cards that weigh like 2kg and literally sag when hung from a normal tower case, you'd think people would prefer the stability. Thermaltake offers a few, unless they're already discontinued, but aside from that, most horizontal cases are '90s retreads, rackmounts, or expensive boutique custom jobs from firms like Mountain Mods.

* Cases with (at least) a single vestigal 5.25 drive bay. There's a market for it, even if it's the "I need an optical drive ONCE to read my 2006 backup CD-R/rip my parents' old CDs" crowd, but also "this apartment isn't big enough for a PC and a seperate media stack, so I use it to watch DVDs." You see more of this on office PCs, the Optiplex style cases usually have one or two. But the alternative of external optical drives are a mess. What seems to be on the market is no-name lowest-bid stuff now. I bought one, and found that it was clearly a salvaged drive from an old HP laptop inside (complete with FRU stickers) that didn't match the specs advertised.

Given the recent trend of people installing mobile phones or little HDMI displays in their cases for status monitoring, that could have been another space for 5.25 bays-- a monitor designed to fit the mount would look clean and be adaptable to many different cases.

I have a HAF XB and I think they were built for portability and for people who mess with the system a lot so easy access. They have handles in the sides for moving and the huge fan in the top is great for cooling.

I have been searching extensively for "classic" style cases still available new for my own projects. I ended up not getting the Antec because I didn't like the side vent. I finally went with the Chenbro SR209. It's more expensive but pretty heavy duty. Reminds me of cases from the mid 90s.

Back