• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Double posts

Ole Juul

Veteran Member
Perhaps this has been reported already but I just noticed it here, and here.

BTW: I see that the old problem that if one clicks on "Post New Thread" it gets completely screwed up if you try to put in your user name. If you then go to the login in window at the top only gets worse. I don't usually do it that way so it doesn't matter for me, but it is noteworthy that this is still broken and has to be avoided. :)

Double posts are happening all over right now. For the last 7-10 days, every PM or reply I post, I get an error about double-posting. I suspect that's why some of the double-posts have gotten to the board - ppl not already realizing that their message was posted already.

Double posts are happening all over right now. For the last 7-10 days, every PM or reply I post, I get an error about double-posting. I suspect that's why some of the double-posts have gotten to the board - ppl not already realizing that their message was posted already.
I saw a double by Mike B. He's not likely to make that mistake. Anyway, I guess Stone is right. It's just a new feature. Anyway, I guess Stone is right. It's just a new feature. :)

I said it in another thread but just as an FYI if you do get that message about waiting 30 seconds before posting after you hit submit, it DID go through so you can safely go back to whatever you wanted to do after posting. The "double post" success is because you wait 30 seconds then clicked submit again so you really did send it twice.

I saw a double by Mike B. He's not likely to make that mistake.
It's worse for Mike, he's a moderator and won't get the '30 seconds between posts' message - so he will automatically double-post with nothing indicating trouble. The only way to notice for a moderator is to look at the thread again after posting - then you'll see the double post (unless the second appears on the next page - then you won't see it unless you page back).
I have the same trouble on another VBulletin forum where I'm a moderator.

-Tor

If I double post let me know; that I would want to understand.

Some of the double posts you are seeing are from new users who are being moderated. They keep throwing posts into the moderation queue because they don't see their first post immediately. And I'm just too irritated by the process to try to weed the dupes out before they hit in public. Some people see the message that says "You are under moderation" and many miss it. A big flashy popup that says "Don't post the same message again because you are impatient" would be nice.

If anybody else is getting an unintentional double post please contact me directly and preserve the evidence. (Do not try to edit or delete the extra post.)

Mike

And yes, I just looked at the two samples pointed out - we can use those for debug.

My guess is that something is failing and then being retried quickly within the forum software. I'm also going to be that Vbulletin is getting reports from other sites, so I'll probably nudge Erik to look for updates.

While we're on the subject of vBulletin issues, is anyone else getting a page full of error messages when they send a PM (which does however get sent correctly)?

While we're on the subject of vBulletin issues, is anyone else getting a page full of error messages when they send a PM (which does however get sent correctly)?

Yes, I've seen that frequently for the past week or so. Usually after a post.

Last edited:
If I double post let me know; that I would want to understand.

Some of the double posts you are seeing are from new users who are being moderated. They keep throwing posts into the moderation queue because they don't see their first post immediately. And I'm just too irritated by the process to try to weed the dupes out before they hit in public. Some people see the message that says "You are under moderation" and many miss it. A big flashy popup that says "Don't post the same message again because you are impatient" would be nice.

If anybody else is getting an unintentional double post please contact me directly and preserve the evidence. (Do not try to edit or delete the extra post.)

Mike
Here's the two of yours that everyone is referring to:

http://www.vintage-computer.com/vcf...s-really-scary&p=314954&highlight=#post314954

http://www.vintage-computer.com/vcf...s-really-scary&p=314955&highlight=#post314955

I get an error message each time I attempt to post and I think that is still confusing some people. It doesn't confuse me any more because I've seen it enough times to know how to deal with it.

Even the search page is plagued with errors. And the fields are squeezed and mis-sized beyond readability.

Last edited:
BTW, I get all this rot EVERY time I send a PM and have been since the software upgrade:

Warning: Declaration of vB_WikiCodeParser::handle_bbcode_img() should be compatible with vB_BbCodeParser::handle_bbcode_img($bbcode, $do_imgcode = false, $has_img_code = false, $fulltext = '') in ..../vault/class/bbcode.php on line 0
Warning: Declaration of vB_WikiPlainParser::do_parse() should be compatible with vB_WikiCodeParser::do_parse($text, $do_html = false, $do_smilies = true, $do_bbcode = true, $do_imgcode = true, $do_nl2br = false, $cachable = false, $htmlstate = NULL, $minimal = false, $do_videocode = true) in ..../vault/class/bbcode/plaintext.php on line 34
Warning: Declaration of vB_WikiPlainParser::handle_bbcode_php() should be compatible with vB_WikiCodeParser::handle_bbcode_php($code, $undo = false) in ..../vault/class/bbcode/plaintext.php on line 34
Warning: Declaration of vB_WikiPlainParser::handle_bbcode_code() should be compatible with vB_WikiCodeParser::handle_bbcode_code($code, $undo = false) in ..../vault/class/bbcode/plaintext.php on line 34
Warning: Declaration of vB_WikiPlainParser::handle_bbcode_html() should be compatible with vB_WikiCodeParser::handle_bbcode_html($code, $undo = false) in ..../vault/class/bbcode/plaintext.php on line 34
Warning: Declaration of vB_WikiPlainParser::handle_bbcode_url() should be compatible with vB_WikiCodeParser::handle_bbcode_url($text, $link, $image = false) in ..../vault/class/bbcode/plaintext.php on line 34
Warning: Declaration of vB_WikiPlainParser::handle_bbcode_img() should be compatible with vB_WikiCodeParser::handle_bbcode_img($bbcode, $do_imgcode, $has_img_code = false, $fulltext = '') in ..../vault/class/bbcode/plaintext.php on line 34
Warning: Declaration of vB_WikiPlainParser::handle_bbcode_img_match() should be compatible with vB_BbCodeParser::handle_bbcode_img_match($link, $fullsize = false) in ..../vault/class/bbcode/plaintext.php on line 34
Redirecting...
Your private message has been sent. You will now be taken to your PM list. Thanks!
Click here if your browser does not automatically redirect you.

Yes the PM error messages I've sent to Erik also (they happened right after the last upgrade). They don't do anything bad (messages go through fine) but certainly make you think there was a potential error. I think it's something related to the version of PHP or php settings though but either way he does have awareness of it.

Back