• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Dumping Heathkit items

althofft

I have two H8's, one with Z80 other with 8080. Memory boards, 4 port serial, parallel, etc. IBM Selectric-based printer (Selectronic???) with custom parallel drivers that I wrote (HDOS only I think) but not turned on in years, H19 terminal. H89 Computer (blows fuses), H17 dual drive, H9 terminal with "better" keyboard, manuals, diskettes.

If someone gave me $750 and picked it all up just over the NY/NJ border I'd be happy.

Otherwise I'm going fix the 89 and put them up on E-bay.

Anyone interested?

Tom

I hate to tell ya but human memory is not as great as you think it is. I thought "wow, I loved Heathkit back as a young teen. Wouldn't it be great to have a H8 or H89?"

Uhhhh, those things are HUGE. I really didn't remember just how much space they use up. So much for my Heathkit days. My left ear is still destroyed from my Heathkit "super regenerative" short wave receiver days. Granted, live Grateful Dead and other concerts didn't help either. I remember being "warmed" by the tweeters that were 4 feet in front of me.

I had a "Roady" business back in the 70/80s in Montreal and my squeeze worked the El Mocombo(Stones and many others) in Toronto when I later moved there. There were always sound-persons who cranked the volume for what it was worth. It disguised the bad playing of many of these "Rock-Stars"

One of the tricks was to stuff toilet paper in your ears so you wouldn't get headaches. Too bad most audiences didn't know what the "cool" people did.

L

Back