• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Ebay sellers

No feedback--I received a refund when I complained that the post office wanted $5 to complete delivery. That was more than my purchase price.
So did they give you one of the tags so you could go down to the post office and thats where they hit you with the bill? Was it like that?

Meh, these guys get away with as much as eBay allows. It's in eBay's interests to look the other way for the most part, they make $$$ off the fees regardless.

What's strange is I've ordered things that said they were coming from China, but arrived in a few days. While at the same time I order something saying it's coming from "Seattle" and it takes over a week?

China Post (subsidized by the PRC gummint) can be surprisingly quick to the US. On the other hand, Amazon keeps missing its delivery deadlines, getting hung up for days in the local PO.
Go figure.

Meh, these guys get away with as much as eBay allows. It's in eBay's interests to look the other way for the most part, they make $$$ off the fees regardless.

What's strange is I've ordered things that said they were coming from China, but arrived in a few days. While at the same time I order something saying it's coming from "Seattle" and it takes over a week?
Actually its in E-Bays interest to make sure things work as promised. If they don't buyers will migrate elsewhere, although some of the alternatives see, as dodgy as $9 notes (Etsy?) or have charges that seem usary (auction houses that charge a buyers and sellers premium). And of course the tax authorities want there cut...

ebay always ALWAYS sides with the buyer even though that monter of capitalism is run by the fees paid by sellers. So if you are a buyer you have all the rights. If your a seller,,, you probably drink too much.

ebay always ALWAYS sides with the buyer even though that monter of capitalism is run by the fees paid by sellers. So if you are a buyer you have all the rights. If your a seller,,, you probably drink too much.
Amen brother!

Back