• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

***EMERGENCY: Looking for working Windows PC laptop with LPT (parallel printer port)

mkanet

Looking for working Windows PC laptop with LPT (parallel printer port). I'm not too picky; as long as it can start up in Windows (any version) without locking up and has a working LPT1 Parallel printer port.

Edit: Needs a working CD ROM.

Last edited:
I would think that eBay has a ton of these listed.

I'll provide my shipping address in private if/when necessary. I thought I'd place post here in addition to looking on ebay/craigslist.

You can find a CDROM equipped laptop with a parallel port for under $20 shipped every day of the week on ebay. Try freecycle in your area (post a wanted) and see what happens.

If you're using Windows anyway...

If you're using Windows anyway...

Hi mkanet,

Silly suggestion perhaps, but if your project requires Windows anyway, shouldn't any off-the-shelf USB to LPT/Centronics adapter (with drivers supported by your Windows version) work? That way, you can pretty much use any Windows laptop.

Something like this, for instance:

http://cgi.ebay.com/USB-Parallel-Pr...mQQptZPrinter_Accessories?hash=item4148cf44cc

I've got a pile of 'em but I don't waste my time replying to anyone who can't be bothered to say what part of the world he/she is in.

I've also have a couple extra 486 laptops.... but if the poster can't at least post something as vague as their country, I guess they do have an unresolvable issue.

Back