• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Emulex CS21

PG31

Veteran Member
Hi, I'm looking for jumper and switch configuration for an Emulex CS21 F. I'm looking at putting this in my 11/24 to add load to the PSU. From what I gather from a Google search the F version was only supported with VMS but I guess as it is Unibus it will have the same electrical and signal specifications to put it in a Unibus slot in my 11/24, right? I'd like to check the switch config just in case there is anything that may bite me on the a*** if I don't have it set correctly. Thanks.
PS. If anyone has a specific use for the controller in there VAX then I'd be willing to swap it for any PDP-11 Unibus card. I'm in the UK.

"Supported with VMS" implies software issues, not hardware. VMS might be both Unibus and Qbus, as well as other buses.
Yes, anything that you plug into a Unibus will work both on a PDP-11 and VAX that have a Unibus, if we talk purely electrical, as well as accessing CSRs, interrupts, DMA and whatever.
But then you need some software to run that thing...

Thanks bqt, I don't plan on using it for anything apart from an extra load on the PSU. It was the only Unibus card at a reasonable price. I'd much prefer a UC17:wink:

Back