• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Enjoying Episdoe 25

idflyfish

Experienced Member
I like to listen to the podcast while I am at working banging away on some code at work. My coworkers really enjoyed browserquest and the 8bit google maps.

Keep up the good work.

P.S. Earl was correct about the 99er's over at atariage.com. There are a lot of interesting projects underway, both hardware and software. The one I am currently most interested in is TurboForth by Mark Wills (Willsy).

Check us out at http://www.atariage.com/forums/forum/119-ti-994a-programming/

Thanks for the kind words. I feel comfortable thanking you on behalf of all three of us, because as you may know David is actually just a larger vocabulary version of ELIZA that I programmed on a TI-99/4A in the summer of 1982. And Earl is just a voice in your head. Other people can't hear Earl. You definitely shouldn't do whatever Earl has been telling you to do.

Anyway, thanks from all three, or two, or one of us.

Yet another trip down memory lane...

I had a CoCo 4k unit with a cassette tape drive. I spent hours programming on it. Now, I never maxxed out the memory with my programs, but for some reason I felt I needed to upgrade my RAM to 48K with a mail order ram kit. After receiving the kit, I was in trouble as I didn't realize that I would have to desolder and resolder the chips....

Sooooo, not knowing anything about soldering except for what my father taught me (sweating pipes) I'd figure that I use his soldering GUN.

Needless to say, the millisecond I turned on that soldering GUN, the motherboard was fried with enough electromagnetic waves to cook a turkey. I spent hours messing with all the chips and fired it up - DEAD.

It took about 2 weeks for my father to notice his >$500 investment (1980's$) wasn't being used by me anymore.

It took about 3 more years until he bought another computer for me. Apple //c with an Imagewriter for $2300 (with the agreement that I would NEVER open it). I did about 2 years later to install my Ramworks III 1MB w/clock card in it (along with a 8mhz zipchip)! Will I ever learn.

Back