• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Mid Atlantic Epson/Titan Technologies QX-PC memory board.

Covers: New York, Pensylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, Virginia, Maryland and Washington DC.

Swabbie

Delivery Options
In Country Shipping or Local Pickup
Up for sale is a Titan Technologies QX PC board for the Epson QX 10 / QX 16 line of computers. This board allows the QX computers to run MS-DOS and compatible software.

I am selling this board as non-tested / non-functional because I could not test it.

Free shipping for US 48. I can ship it worldwide, check postage prices please.

Please check pics for more details on cosmetic condition.

No warranties or returns. Thanks!

Please make me an offer.

Some info links:

PICS

Turns out I didn’t even know I had the DRAM card for this as well. It came as a kit and I have both the 16-bit 8088 based co-processor card and the 192k DRAM card that mounts parallel in the QX-10.

Both are up for grabs on one listing

Wow! that went up so quick I didn't even see it on eBay (and I usually check a couple times per day). Wish I'd have got to it sooner. :)

I don't suppose you have the driver disks imaged somewhere do you? I have a QX-PC board, but it either doesn't work, or I'm using the wrong drivers with mine.

Scott

Wow! that went up so quick I didn't even see it on eBay (and I usually check a couple times per day). Wish I'd have got to it sooner. :)

I don't suppose you have the driver disks imaged somewhere do you? I have a QX-PC board, but it either doesn't work, or I'm using the wrong drivers with mine.

Scott
Sorry no but I’m in communication with the guy who bought it and he’s saying there’s a downloadable dump of the floppies online somewhere. I’ll circle back and ask him to share the location.

He also said he was planning on building a schematic of the cards so that others could build their own someday.

Yah, I was as surprised as you alerted how fast this sold for my asking price which I thought was a “high ball, let’s let this marinate for a while” price. I forget there are a lot of retired folks out there who rightfully enjoy spending their grandkids inheritance on hobbies like this. Haha.

Sorry no but I’m in communication with the guy who bought it and he’s saying there’s a downloadable dump of the floppies online somewhere. I’ll circle back and ask him to share the location.

He also said he was planning on building a schematic of the cards so that others could build their own someday.

Yah, I was as surprised as you alerted how fast this sold for my asking price which I thought was a “high ball, let’s let this marinate for a while” price. I forget there are a lot of retired folks out there who rightfully enjoy spending their grandkids inheritance on hobbies like this. Haha.

Please do let us know what he finds out, or even better yet, see if he's interested in joining up over here. :) I'd love to exchange emails with him.

I may have the same images he's found online, and if so those are the ones that don't work for me. I suspect there might be multiple versions of the board. Or, my board is simply bad -- having no "known good" board to compare it against, it's hard to tell.

Congrats on the sale. You just never know what something is going to go for when it's rare like this. Some stuff will sit forever and not sell, other stuff is gone within minutes of being listed. Recently a set of QX-10 games went for over $200 (I bid on that one, but sadly I did not bid high enough!)

Scott

Please do let us know what he finds out, or even better yet, see if he's interested in joining up over here. :) I'd love to exchange emails with him.
Scott,

I'm Brian, the one who ended up buying the Titan QX-PC card. I'd love to exchange emails as well, since looking at some of your previous posts it appears we both have had similiar ideas. Both of us have apparently indpendtantly create a CF IDE adapter and a ym2149 based sound card for the QX-10. Though the necessary hacking for my CF adapter was done one version 2.20, since those are the original disks that i had for my system. On thing I did get around doing last month though is I sat down at wrote a DOS device driver so the CF adapters should no work under DOS on a QX-16. I recently have gotten around to updating my QX-10 Repository with most of the current work i have done regarding this system.

I may have the same images he's found online, and if so those are the ones that don't work for me. I suspect there might be multiple versions of the board. Or, my board is simply bad -- having no "known good" board to compare it against, it's hard to tell.
So i'm pretty sure the images are the same ones you know of at https://fjkraan.home.xs4all.nl/comp/qx10/disklibrary.html. This set of images is probably pretty well known to any one that works with an Epson QX-10. It does not sound promising that those images were not working with yours, maybe i'll have better luck when my Titan card arrives. I hope to be able to trace out the schematics for these cards eventually as well. Have you done any work on that with your board, or bumped the BIOS rom?

Congrats on the sale. You just never know what something is going to go for when it's rare like this. Some stuff will sit forever and not sell, other stuff is gone within minutes of being listed. Recently a set of QX-10 games went for over $200 (I bid on that one, but sadly I did not bid high enough!)
Funny you should mention that trio of games.:) Yeah i'm the one that ended upgetting those as well. I have dumped them with a kryoflux and then converted the stream to IMD format so i should eventually get around to posting the images online for others to use. The seem to work fine on real hardware as well as work correctly when using the MAME emulator.

Brian

Scott,

I'm Brian, the one who ended up buying the Titan QX-PC card. I'd love to exchange emails as well, since looking at some of your previous posts it appears we both have had similiar ideas. Both of us have apparently indpendtantly create a CF IDE adapter and a ym2149 based sound card for the QX-10. Though the necessary hacking for my CF adapter was done one version 2.20, since those are the original disks that i had for my system. On thing I did get around doing last month though is I sat down at wrote a DOS device driver so the CF adapters should no work under DOS on a QX-16. I recently have gotten around to updating my QX-10 Repository with most of the current work i have done regarding this system.
Spent a little time looking around! Very nice!

If only we could find a few more people interested in the QX-10. I'd like to get mine decked out with all slots filled with expansion cards! :D

There was a guy who had a semidisk ramdisk expansion card for sale on eBay for a while. I'm not sure if it ever sold, but he stopped listing it, so I'd assumed so. Then of course there's the guy who has the second monitor adapter for sale. He sold a few of them over the past year. I bought one of those but haven't tried to do anything with it yet. My understanding is it (as well as some memory expansion card I bought from him) went with a custom stock trading application.

Scott

Hi,
really happy to see a lots of people interested in this machine.
Some friend of my father give me one epson to develop some program to manage a medical office (i had 14 or 15) and it was before i got my first pc (olivetti M6-440 suprema). At this period i've an amstrad CPC.

I've 4 or 6 epsons (the university where i was studying physics give me 3 and a color videoboard with a screen). I've not the cable.

I've serveral keyboard (valdocs and french with 4 leds)...

The one on the photo was the cleanest (i've changed the battery, some caps, cleaned all and the drive ... ).
I was doing some fun with TPascal 3.00 (it was searching some c compiler).

And then the first power supply made a white smoke.
And the second a bang (see the resistor).

So i'm in the documentation, and started to extract components from one of the blowed. I'm going to repair it (although i do not "feel" this power supply :) - note that i've repaired logabax one, some tape recorder ones and i'm still alive lol, but the PS of the Qx and ... i do not know how to explain that, i do not "feel" it :) That's why i think that builing a modern PS would be really a great project.

Anyway, i'll try to replace all the component i can (and strange thing, caps seems to be good ...) there are also the ST* components ...

So i really hope to be able to discuss about the qx, and well, your flash cards were my dream :) i'll buy one when i'll have again a working power sypply (and seems according the doc that you'll have to put some load on rails to avoid damages ...)

So, perhaps i need to buy some AC LAB PS with all the protection (overcurrent, shortcircuit, sending current pulse at low lever first , etc ...) to repair this one. But it would be too bad to abandon this machine.

Best regards.

Attachments

• qx-IMG_1992.jpg
    qx-IMG_1992.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 6
  • 20230510_222656.jpg
    20230510_222656.jpg
    543.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 20230510_222707.jpg
    20230510_222707.jpg
    469.1 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
I tried to diagnose and repair a failed PSU in one of my QX-10s, but ultimately ended up installing a modern meanwell power supply. Vintage computers are fun to diagnose, but vintage power supplies are often an unpleasant diversion from that fun. Unless it's something easy like failed electrolytics, you can end up having to source rare switching semiconductors. There is a QX-10 Sams guide floating around somewhere that will walk you through some simple diagnostics of the power supply. I think that particular resistor blows when one of the switching transistors gets stuck on. In my case, I think I replaced the resistor, and the transistor/controller, and it just blew the next resistor and I said to hell with it.

Scott

Hi Scott,

i really want to thanks for your answer and your help and the SAMS reference (i've another technical documentation but this one is more detailed on psu).
I've seen your post, and it seems that you did a lot on this PSU ! Did you managed to rebuild a working psu with original screen attached ?

About that, some people in previous discussions about it (3/4 years ago) told me about also to check the BA40.
I've collected (nearly) all the equivalent components i can. Now with the documentation i can see what are the 2 "black towers" under the capacitors. These are (M1 M2) loc B2 B4 aka "line choke" MFGR part Y122202002. As they are coil, i'll able to test and imho i should not be the culprits (?)

There are also STK*.* / MB this is the hard part to find equivalents ?

And may i ask a last question ? the sams doc say to do (of course) tests without MB and with loads "if needed", but the service manual i have say kind of "if you do not correctly set loads it could blow". What is your experience with it / did you test psu without loads ?

Many thanks.
Regards.
Ludovic.

Last edited:
Back