• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Equipment available free in S. Fla

Sharkonwheels

Veteran Member
Anyone in South Florida, or nearby willing to drive? Located in Broward County, west of Hollywood
Have a stack of Kaypro 1's, II, IV, and some PC's, like 2-3 Columbia, a Corona, a needs-repair Zorba, a couple of Osborne 1's, Osborne Exec parts, and whatever else you can grab. Also have a box with parts for two complete Otrona Attache computers, minus 1 power supply.
Keeping the K10's, a K4, and a couple of others.

Reason? No time, and need the garage back. Need to schedule an installation of a 240V electric vehicle charger in the garage, and need the garage back to
have the car parked for charging :)

Alternatively, if you want to arrange with a local company for a pallet shipment, I can drop off all the computers to a shipper of your choosing, as long as it's not TOO far away, and you can handle the packing/freight/payment arrangements.

I'd like to see this stuff go to a good home, as it's all in good shape, and working. Most of the computers are in clone PC case boxes, some even in the re-used plastic wrapping from said PC case boxes!

Tiberian Fiend replied first, so...

PC-wise, if you mean IBM PCs specifically, none.
Early clones, I have a Corona, about 2-3 Kaypro K16's, 2-3 Columbia VPs.
Later stuff, I have some COmpaq/HP machines that are still usable - P4's (HP EVO P4s, and Compaq Deskpro EN P3's - ENs are great for imaging)

I guess anything TF doesn't want, Joekster has dibs on...

Joekster, I plan on taking Friday off to get a 3-day weekend to work on the garage, so if you can swing by Friday, that'd be a big help.
Working around the stuff is a bear, as there's quite a few.

oh, and don't show up in a Yaris :) there's tons of stuff, as much as you want to take.

Claimed.
(Going from memory):

(2) Kaypro II
(2) Kaypro 1
(3) Kaypro 16^2 (one was a factory 512kb unit, and labelled as such)
(1) Kaypro 4
(2) Osborne 1's ( 1a and 1b)
(1) Corona portable
(3) Columbia VP portables
(1) Zorba
(1) Altos 680
(1) Altos 5-5A
(1) Altos ACS-8000
(1) Morrow MD3
(2) TS1000's, 16k ram, 32k RAM
(2) Color Computer 2's
(1) TI 99/4a
(1) Quadra 840
(1) Quadra 605
(3) SGI Indy
(1) SGI Challenge S
(1) Amstrad PPC
(1) Apple //c
(1) DEC Rainbow 100B, full manual and disk set, with mono monitor and kb
(1) CBM 8032
(1) C= 1541 FDD
(2) IBM Model M clickety PS/2 keyboards
(1) Apple usb kb/mouse set (blueberry)

...and there's probably more I can't remember...

Enjoy, Joekster. Might still have to make a second trip :)
Found a Sanyo MBC-550, Laser 128 (iic clone), Kaypro 2x (might keep this though), the power computing tower, and probably will find more tomorrow :)

Last edited:
Hi, I'm interested in you Apple IIc and Laser 128.

Do you know if it's working?

Can you ship it to Brazil?

If so, could you please calculate the shipping cost to Zip code 20520-240, Rio de Janeiro?

Thanks,
Juan

(3) Kaypro 16^2 (one was a factory 512kb unit, and labelled as such)

Nice! This is one of the machines I used to work extensively with in my early computing days in high school... I've a really nice 8088 Kaypro IV, which is close enough, I guess... but this was the machine that put Kaypro as a sparkle in my eye :)

Joekster got a great haul... hopefully he'll share the love and find a good home for anything he can't use :)

Yeah, he did. I want my garage back:
1) for the 240V charger for my Chevy Volt
2) To use my metalworking equipment again (lathe, bandsaw, mill, etc...)

To that end, even with the haul Joekster got, I need even more space.

So, Joekster, that 2X, Laser 128, Power Computing machine, Sanyo MBC-550 are yours.
In addition, those two 17" 13W3 monitors? One is a Sun-branded trinitron, other is an SGI, to go with the Indys. I believe they're GDM17E20s.

Got a ton of manuals to give you, also, so let me know when you want to make a second trip - Sunday would be nice :)

You wouldn't even recognize my garage now!

FYI, depending on where I go in the next couple of weeks, I may have a CompatiCard IV available - haven't decided yet, as I still have a couple of single-density Osborne's lingering around...

First, I'd like to publically thank sharkonwheele. My collection literaly trippled in size overnight. Its going to take me weeks to go through everything...

I can pick up the last items late this afternoon, I'll give you a call to coordinate.

Back