• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Evergreen Spectre 400 megahertz processor upgrade -- New in Box

bgbllbffr

Each upgrade comes with a new AMD k6-2 processor, compatibility socket adapter, heat sink, fan and plugs, installation manual and bios CD.
All boxes for sale are new sealed and have never been opened. Although this upgrade is obsolete I'm sure it will still appeal to a select few.
$150.each. negotiable. Thanks for reading
Being that the site won't let me upload any photos hit this link for all photos.https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/wts-evergreen-400mhz-spectra-processor-upgrade-nib.3584172/

Out of curiosity what socket are these for? The K6 is socket 7 right? Are these to put a k6 on a socket 5 or something?

It's Socket 7 and they're okay but not $150 okay in my estimation. I have a K6-2 533 up and running and it came with one of my cheap mobo buys. (less than $40)

It's Socket 7 and they're okay but not $150 okay in my estimation. I have a K6-2 533 up and running and it came with one of my cheap mobo buys. (less than $40)

I probably am a bit high on the price, but like I said earlier, it is negotiable... Actually I seen one on Amazon used for $250.
So I thought...What the hell ...$150. it is... I dont know if I can change the post or not but if someone reads this far they can have em for $100. obo....LOL.. Man I gotta pay some bills. Heres that Amazon link BTW.... https://www.amazon.com/Evergreen-400Mhz-Spectra-Processor-Upgrade/dp/B0000514E6

I think your asking price is so high that it frightens off best offers. It is best not to look too seriously at eBay sold prices. What I see happening on eBay is sellers listing ridiculously high prices, then buyers put in private offers, seller accepts, but when you view the completed auction, it shows the item as having been sold at the ridiculously high price, not the private offer price. I'm not sure if this is a bug, or eBay management intentional, but it is very misleading nonetheless. The same problem occurs if using the eBay Best Offer feature, it shows the original asking price as the sale price.

A similar unit, new in box, that can also run K6-2/3 chips, but was Kingston branded, sold on CPU-World forum for $50 a week or two ago. Last year I bought a New-in-box Evergreen Spectra for $45 shipped on eBay. Best I would offer is $50 shipped (shipped to a US address if you wish).

I appreciate your concern and looking out for the potential buyers that you seem to think are afraid to make a best offer on this website..& Iam sure they appreciate also... However, more than a few members who were not afraid, contacted me via private message and happily purchased the upgrade kit from me at prices 75 to $100. The fact that they were able to purchase this particular upgrade kit, new in the box for $100 or less deemed them in my eyes a satisfied customer. Unfortunately not every member has the time, the skill or the LUCK to find a vintage product at the greatest deal online like you did..One person finding that product at that great price should not determine the value. Like I said it before price is negotiable. I truly don't feel as if I am price gouging and whoever thinks that I am, my apologies.

I had one of these back in the late 90s in a Gateway 2000 system, brings back the memories. Wish I had never gotten rid of that system or the Evergreen upgrade.

The only real weakness of the upgrade is the CPU is hurt by the slow FSB.

But yeah, $150 is far too much.

I had one of these back in the late 90s in a Gateway 2000 system, brings back the memories. Wish I had never gotten rid of that system or the Evergreen upgrade.

The only real weakness of the upgrade is the CPU is hurt by the slow FSB.

But yeah, $150 is far too much.

Uhh Yeah... $150 is to much...That is why I lowed the price .....Three weeks ago... LOL Its $100. obo
And please feel free to to exercise Your BEST OFFER rights as a buyer... Dont be scared...Ok? LOL .. Thanks Guys.

I think your asking price is so high that it frightens off best offers. It is best not to look too seriously at eBay sold prices. What I see happening on eBay is sellers listing ridiculously high prices, then buyers put in private offers, seller accepts, but when you view the completed auction, it shows the item as having been sold at the ridiculously high price, not the private offer price. I'm not sure if this is a bug, or eBay management intentional, but it is very misleading nonetheless. The same problem occurs if using the eBay Best Offer feature, it shows the original asking price as the sale price.

A similar unit, new in box, that can also run K6-2/3 chips, but was Kingston branded, sold on CPU-World forum for $50 a week or two ago. Last year I bought a New-in-box Evergreen Spectra for $45 shipped on eBay. Best I would offer is $50 shipped (shipped to a US address if you wish).

at least on the ebay mobile app, when you click on a sold listing it will tell you the actual selling price not the ask

I appreciate your concern and looking out for the potential buyers that you seem to think are afraid to make a best offer on this website..& Iam sure they appreciate also... However, more than a few members who were not afraid, contacted me via private message and happily purchased the upgrade kit from me at prices 75 to $100. The fact that they were able to purchase this particular upgrade kit, new in the box for $100 or less deemed them in my eyes a satisfied customer. Unfortunately not every member has the time, the skill or the LUCK to find a vintage product at the greatest deal online like you did..One person finding that product at that great price should not determine the value. Like I said it before price is negotiable. I truly don't feel as if I am price gouging and whoever thinks that I am, my apologies.

Some people are willing to spend more, some less. Some have more money, some have less. Regardless of this, I do not condone spending more than typical cpu-world prices for CPU-related items, it inflates the prices and leads to more inflation. We are mostly hobbyists and collectors, so very little obtained of this vintage is really needed or cannot be substituted. There shouldn't be a sense of urgency in a collecting hobby and my advice is to wait it out and not splurge. It does the whole community a disadvantage if you do.

I pointed out two customers who bought these or similar NIB modules for $50 or less, and that was just in the last two weeks. I know personally of a third as well from 4 weeks ago; it was used and went for $30. I'm sure I can find several dozen in the time frame of a year. $75 to $100 USD is in my opinion, a fair bit above market value. I would feel bad if I spent that much because it is not only hurting my pocket book, but others as well. $50 is a fair value for these.

Last edited:
You Know.. I could be mistaken but you seem to be peering into this whole thing a little to deep... First of all...Just because You think a person should wait & not splurge on There said hobby dose not not mean thats how everyone else feels... In fact... I think ... most people feel quite opposite... Hobby is suposed to fill the non essential gaps in ones life with happiness & contentment ..Sooo splurging might be good... but you also seem to think that any member does splurge that extra $25-50 more will be doing the community a disadvantage... Thats beginning to sound a little Jim Jonesy to me... Seriously?? A small box of upgrades is going to drive up inflation???Do You really believe that?? LOL... A guy you all know who is probably reading this right now told me yesterday... """Ive been looking for this one particular upgrade for 10 YEARS""" He dont want to wait... He is excited... His hobby is working for him.. Sooo ..ANYways...Thanks again for the second pep talk
I guess Ill be Lowering My prices again everybody...

You Know.. I could be mistaken but you seem to be peering into this whole thing a little to deep... First of all...Just because You think a person should wait & not splurge on There said hobby dose not not mean thats how everyone else feels... In fact... I think ... most people feel quite opposite... Hobby is suposed to fill the non essential gaps in ones life with happiness & contentment ..Sooo splurging might be good... but you also seem to think that any member does splurge that extra $25-50 more will be doing the community a disadvantage... Thats beginning to sound a little Jim Jonesy to me... Seriously?? A small box of upgrades is going to drive up inflation???Do You really believe that?? LOL... A guy you all know who is probably reading this right now told me yesterday... """Ive been looking for this one particular upgrade for 10 YEARS""" He dont want to wait... He is excited... His hobby is working for him.. Sooo ..ANYways...Thanks again for the second pep talk
I guess Ill be Lowering My prices again everybody...
Oh, sorry, definately not one box of upgrades is going to make all the difference in this hobby, it would take a collective effort. But the more the message gets around, the more likely there will be change in personal habit. There are several hobbyists who subscribe to this philisophy, but we could always use more.

Are there anymore of these?? Mr. Bgbllbffr sounds like a great business man...Those threads were slightly pathetic sounding...but hilarious...I would pay $250. for one of those obsolete upgrades right now...

Back