• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Midwest Everything must go

Covers: North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Minesota, Iowa, Missouri, Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan, Indiana and Ohio

Casey

Veteran Member
Delivery Options
Local Pickup Only
Location Fairfield, Ohio 45014
Just received a notice from my landlord. I have to remove all the "trash" from my apartment in the next month. This includes all my vintage computers.
If you live in the area, or know someone who does, bring a truck and it's yours. I would like to get something out of this, but that's secondary right now.
Items include IBM 5150 with MDA, IBM Convertible, Compaq Portable, Compaq Portable Plus, Compaq Portable II, and Portable III. I also have a Deskpro 286 and the parts for an 8086 Deskpro I never rebuilt.
Also have some Zeniths: z148, z158, their 286 & 386 systems.
Have 17" VGA CRT and several LCD screens, as well as misc stuff like a partially working Zenith portable, and an Epson QX-16 cpu.
I would prefer to avoid calling a junk clearance company to pick this stuff up.

Get an inexpensive renters insurance policy if you don't have one, and claim it's covered personal property.

Unless the items are named in the lease (I've had places specifically say you can't keep fireworks in your apartment for example) or causing a safety issue like sorphin mentioned, your landlord likely doesn't have the right to do this. Sorry you're dealing with this though.

Sorry, we don't know the full story here. It's possible that this is a hoarding situation, where the computers are just one part of a much larger issue. If the amount and type of "trash" constitutes a fire hazard, or rodent / pest harborage etc. then the landlord may be legally obligated or otherwise compelled to resolve the issues.

Either way, it sucks.. sorry to hear this is happening. I doubt anyone is feeling too good about it.

Hi, I'm just a lurker here, so I hope I'm not coming off as a vulture. I saw your post about the situation with your landlord last year. I am sorry to hear that things have not improved since then. I live about an hour and a half away from Fairfield. I cannot offer you what your collection is worth, but if it becomes an emergency situation where the only alternative is the dump, let me know and I'll come rescue what I can.

Location Fairfield, Ohio 45014
Just received a notice from my landlord. I have to remove all the "trash" from my apartment in the next month. This includes all my vintage computers.
If you live in the area, or know someone who does, bring a truck and it's yours. I would like to get something out of this, but that's secondary right now.
Items include IBM 5150 with MDA, IBM Convertible, Compaq Portable, Compaq Portable Plus, Compaq Portable II, and Portable III. I also have a Deskpro 286 and the parts for an 8086 Deskpro I never rebuilt.
Also have some Zeniths: z148, z158, their 286 & 386 systems.
Have 17" VGA CRT and several LCD screens, as well as misc stuff like a partially working Zenith portable, and an Epson QX-16 cpu.
I would prefer to avoid calling a junk clearance company to pick this stuff up.
Man, I'm assuming this thread is long gone and dead. but if there are any survivors or stragglers, I am going to be in that state for other business with the means to procure several of those beautiful machines, if still available. a man can dream...

We really don't know what the outcome was for this stuff. The OP was last on here in Feb.

Man, I'm assuming this thread is long gone and dead. but if there are any survivors or stragglers, I am going to be in that state for other business with the means to procure several of those beautiful machines, if still available. a man can dream...
Well I'm in the Cleveland area, I do have an IBM XT 5160 with a tiny turbo 286 (switchable between original 8088 and 80286 CPU), has an external 3.5" floppy drive (IBM 4865), model M keyboard, currently using VGA graphics adapter.

I don't have room for it so it's sitting in my attic. I was thinking of trying to sell it at VCFMW this year but if this is something you're interested in let me know.

I also have a (mostly complete) 386, just needs a hard drive (or XT-IDE).

Back