• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Exidy Sorcerer Monitor 1.3C

dutchacorn

Experienced Member
The Dutch company Gebr. van Montfort developed an improved monitor for the Exidy Sorcerer. Version 1.3 was sold in 1985. I scanned the (English) manual for it, made pictures of the envelope and the invoice and I dumped the tho roms.

For (temporary) download from my dropbox here.

In the envelope was also a 60+ page document with the full disassembly of the monitor version 1.3B, but that was a bit much to scan. ;)

The Dutch company Gebr. van Montfort developed an improved monitor for the Exidy Sorcerer. Version 1.3 was sold in 1985. I scanned the (English) manual for it, made pictures of the envelope and the invoice and I dumped the tho roms.
Ran them up in MAME and they look good. Love the photos too.
snip.png
Great work mate!

In the 80's I had these monitor ROMs too in my real Sorcerer 2. To be sure I burnt both the original Exidy monitor ROMs 1.0 and the van Montfort ROMs 1.3 in 2 2732's and with a switch I could choose between the 2 of them just in case there would an incompatibility. I had never to switch back to the 1.1 ROMs. And I've never heard of any incompatibilities. They did a very good job in keeping the ROMs compatible. They decreased the keyboard scan tables to make room for their new routines and placed a jump to their new routines. Very clever.

Back