• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

External Dial-up Modem with Good Speaker

Lanier

I'm looking for an external dial-up modem that has a good speaker so I can listen to the call. What I want to do is to automatically call an automated attendant, and automatically navigate the menus and enter numbers with DTMF and be able to easily hear the messages. Most modems have a piezo speaker, but are there any that were made with a traditional magnetic loudspeaker like some old PCs have? Also I would like it to have a volume control knob on it too. Has anyone done this with a modem? I'd like to be able to hear it like a speakerphone rather than it sound like just the handset lying on the table. Anyone have any suggestions for a good modem to look for?

THIS is my favorite. If you can get your hands on one, the US Robotics Courier is TOP NOTCH! It has a "Slider volume control on the right under side.

Capture.PNG

Thanks for the suggestion ibmapc. The US Robotics Courier business modems look especially nice. Does it matter if I get one that is 56K or should I look for one that is not? This page says "56K modems are designed for only one purpose: to dial up an Internet Service Provider (ISP) that offers 56K service and has a digital connection to the telephone network. If they don't work for other purposes, this is not surprising, since they were not designed for any other purpose." Does the "V.Everything" mean it will do it all even if it is 56K?

Back