• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Favorite pizza?/Most common pizza where you live

I had a coworker that his requirements for toppings weren't that bad but he wouldn't do what he called "the three f's" for toppings. No fish, fruit, or fungus.

I think it was actually pizza hut that I happened to be at 7 years ago that had a poster of the most commonly ordered pizza in different countries. Wish I could find it now. This is as close as I've found: http://recipes.howstuffworks.com/favorite-pizza-toppings-in-10-countries.htm

No idea if it's true and to be honest I haven't heard anything here really listed that sounded that bad.

One of the few funny things I've heard Jay Leno say over the years was saying: Pizza is kinda like sex. There really isn't such thing as bad pizza. I mean.. even if it's bad you still enjoy it, it's pizza.

#10 sounds good to me.

I think there is such a thing as bad pizza, the kind that gives you very bad indigestion. I had pizza hut over a dozen years ago that had me throwing up fuming sulfuric acid an hour after I ate it, not fun.

dammit now i have the munchies for pizza!

Capriocciosa is my favourite! :p

In the grocery stores, are frozen pizza's common?
Sure. Often those are much smaller than a newly baked pizza, but it varies from brand to brand. A frozen pizza may be a good snack or lunch meal, but rarely tastes as good as one from the restaurant, which you probably agree with. A frozen pizza can cost anything from $1.20 to perhaps $5.

My favorite pizza place is called "Pizza Classics" in Kyle, TX. It's simple, only has a few tables but it's privately/locally owned, everything (sauce, dough, whole vegetables) are made and cut daily (dough is allowed to rise overnight of course) but it's great and dangit, hell or high water I'm gonna eat there tomorrow since I've wanted it ever since I started this thread lol. Anyway a 16" is probably $9 I think, although they have a family deal which we normally get which is a 16" supreme (you can customize it still if you want to), a 16" one topping, and a 2-liter of soda for $16.00.

The buffet every day is usually empty on the weekends but is great. I'm a "regular" there (when I was single .. which was the last 4 years I've lived there) I went almost every weekend. Cans of soda but still all you can drink you just grab a new can out of the sliding door fridge, they played with having a salad for a while but wasn't common for buffet folks who can usually only get 2-3 of the large slices down before being full.

They usually just wait for a customer and then ask what your favorite pizza is and they'll make one fresh (10-12 minutes) and put it out there for ya.

standards

standards

carlsson said...rarely tastes as good as one from the restaurant
I think this is where your higher standards come in. We have to brands here, DiGiorno & California Pizza Kitchen (they also have a restaurant chain), and a grocery chain called Trader Joe's has pizza pre-baked in a wood-fired oven imported from Italy, that are quite good, better that what you can get in a lot "Restaurants" here. But then, we have some really ratty restaurants here.

patscc

carlsson wrote:

However in Norway everything is 50-100% more expensive than in Sweden. I'll let Per or someone else answer that. It may even depend which part of Norway you stay at.

That almost explains why a pensioner in Norway gets well paid. The media here had this big story about how great it was to be a pensioner in Norway and made our country look poor. They failed to acknowledge the expense of Norway though - and I'm guessing the pensioners don't get rebates (like Australia), or do they? We might have talked about this before though! :-D

To my knowledge, in Australia I've never heard anything about certified Pizza shops - though there's the proper Pizza places which do a nice pizza for a few bucks and then there's the McDonalds equivalent of Pizza shops - which do a cheap and nasty Pizza which is usually guanteed to make me sick! In terms of hygene we take it very seriously - though how much of it isn't seen I'm unsure of - and it's only once is a blue moon that someone dies, or is hospitalised through Food Poisioning - the media don't even acknowledge this because there maybe hundreds of cases everyday and usually it's when someone dies they step in! Since I've only been through the pains of this myself, I try to go to the places I know won't make me sick, or take my own lunch - it's really scarey though when it happens. I'm unsure if it's part of my ageing process - or maybe an inbalance of something I'm not having as much of as I used to - perhaps both, though I'm not sure what it is. It just maybe it's connected with something else I'm eating - some crappy additive or preservative.

RAW green peppers and onions on cheese pizza, and it has to be completely covered too. I love my vegetables!!

Most common pizza here in our place is Shakeys and pizza hut and also Greenwhich

cl3mens wrote:

Has anyone here tried deep-fried pizza? Wikipedia tells me that it is a big deal in Scotland.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_fried_pizza

Never heard of pizza being cooked like that - doesn't sound very healthy though! :-o

When I read that, I figured that it had to be from Glasgow. They deep-fry everything there, it seems--Mars Bars, haggis...

The heart attack capital of Europe.

I've had 'Elephant Ears', which can be found on most carnival lots. From what I've seen here, it qualifies as pizza by some definitions. It consists of bread dough which is rolled out flat, then deep fried. Toppings include cinnamon&sugar and/or various pie fillings such as custards, fruits, etc, which are spread onto the crust after cooking. (In Carny-Speak, it's called 'GutWad')

--T

Back