• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Finally redid my decade old inventory

Wow

Wow

That is quite a collection, very impressive. I remember quite a few of those from back in the day.

I'd be interested to know what hard drives you have and cards. I am looking for a VGA card for my 5160, and maybe a bigger (than 10mb) hard drive.

How did you know I ddn't have a working doorbell ?
After 7 years since I moved in here I've finally repaired it. I was entranced wth the echo chambers it has inside to give a mellow sound. The Ding-Dong is quite pleasing once they discover the main entry isn't the front door.

When people come see him
to discover this museum
they soon discover gaming
is just a playtime laming
and computing is the focus of it all.

Rhymed couplets don't define poetry and historically
are recent developments, especially favored by the english.

So there T.

Lawrence

His house is a museum,
When people come to see 'im,
They really have to scre-am,
'Cause his doorbell does not work!

/Addams Family parody

--T

Last edited:
I don't think I'll ask you what MIB means, but I guess I just did. I shudder contemplating what the answer will be.

You should've gone to N'awleans. I can see it now. Ol T. going thru the streets of a sanitised city of fancy hotels and extravagant condominiums of a new N'awleans, ethnically cleansed by the mighty Missisippi and built on the bones of the old. But all the forces of voodoo, juju, and Santeria remain to exact their vengeance. How many of the wealthy from New York, California, and Chicago who flock there know how to appease the angry gods of the people ?

Terry does ! But it will be costly. And some may have to give up ther first-born daughters, and a few sons.
But after a time, with dilligence and the intervention of T., the gods might be appeased, but with a brooding anger at what had been lost. Terry grows fat on beer and the wonderful cuisine of this once glorious city and eventually melts away.

Lawrence

Last edited:
Funny you should mention it L, I just adopted a new Family God yesterday. She's formally named 'Our Lady Of The Golden Prosthesis', but informally known as 'Mary With A Hook'. She's the patron of Industrial Accidents, especially venerated by the exploited masses of the third world, but also by wage slaves everywhere. I can't show her right now, my camera software needs to be reinstalled. (Who knew it would quit working just because I deleted it?)

--T

IBM 5160 Quadram

IBM 5160 Quadram

Hello there I am interested in your IBM 5160 with the quad ram memory card if it is at a reasonable price. Would you be willing to post additional information such as the video card type (CGA or Mono) etc.? I live in WI,USA.

Soon come, mon. I now have my cheap digital camera working again and just need a decent picture hosting service. Perhaps even some pictures of my dis-array would more eloquently explain my problems. It's kind of a miniture of Terry's computer hell without the protection of " Our Lady of the Hook".

Oops. The god(s) of computing slashed me once more and my camera again can no longer be read by my computers. I resisted the manic compulsion to take an axe to my computers and hopefully the arrival from Hong Kong of a multi-format card reader, including SD cards, should soon happen. I think the problems are coming from my W98 computers and a failing of the cheap digital camera, but the pictures are on an SD card. Should my computers fail to recognize the card reader, then I might well brandish the axe. For now I've just decided to just get sloshed and relieve my frustration before I do brandish the axe and cause myself considerable more problems. And to top it all off, those April showers of yesterday turned into snow today. Aarrghhhh !

Lawrence

Last edited:
The way this thread ends is that Lawrence became mentally infirmed a few years back and then, shortly thereafter, passed away.
During his infirmed stage, my company acquired his entire collection from his estate and have slowly, reluctantly, been selling off bits and pieces of it.
It's what I promised him I would do; get the stuff back into the hands of people who would enjoy and appreciate it.
Too many old friends gone now, T, BettaBlue, Micom. people I talked with and worked with, who enjoyed life and old computers.
I hate getting the calls, from T's all-but-blood daughter, BettaBlue's wife, Micom's nephew.
Rest well, my friends, and watch over us one and all.

Richard

Back