• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Flip-Chip sell off

Did the PT08 already sell?
I've recently got an 8/I and at some point I'd love to have a second serial port to do disk emulation.

Those should bring in a pretty penny.

The first batch sold quickly. I'm a little disappointed in the views on this batch.

They are buy it now, so yes considering what omnibus 8 stuff is selling for now
I think the prices aren't unreasonable. The only issue is I have no running machines
so I can't test them and they are being sold as-is.

They are buy it now, so yes considering what omnibus 8 stuff is selling for now I think the prices aren't unreasonable. The only issue is I have no running machines so I can't test them and they are being sold as-is.

The last 8KW core stack which I bought on Ebay was June last year, 200 Dollar and I was the only bidder... Isn't that strange? I don't have a clue about what is happening in that vintage computer market. And I don't know how that translates to prices for parts... But there seem to be a few very wealthy collectors which are using these machines as an investment.

I remember the same happening in the vintage radio / TV collectors world. People were throwing money onto it like crazy because it was getting worth more and more money... The collection would be their pension investment.

But then... years later, people wanted to sell and downsize their collection because people were getting old. Then they realised that there was far more stuff on the market then in the time they were collecting. And the other collectors wanted to downsize too because they were getting old too... So way too much stuff on the market and just a few people interested in this stuff... Prices plummet... Prices did never get back to their previous levels.

I have seen this pattern in many types of collections...

But if you want to sell now like you do, it seems to be a great time now...

Regards, Roland

But if you want to sell now like you do, it seems to be a great time now...

These are just parts I'm never going to use. I have 12K and 16K third-party core boards and a couple of the SRAM boards
a few chassis and a box or two of Omnibus boards. All of the small modules that I've found are sold. The only maybe stupid
thing I just did was buy 12 H803 connector blocks at $25 ea since they have been impossible to find for such a long time.

I keep thinking of building a tiny Omnibus backplane and just FPGA everything but the front panel.

Back