• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

floppies for 2c

linemanduke

Veteran Member
well i got a new 2c with the external 5.25 drive (along with a 2gs but that's another post) how do i format the floppies for it and where can i get software for it and the gs. (which only boots to check boot device) i have no software or anything for it. also all it does is comes up to check disk drive what do i do to get to basic?

well i got a new 2c with the external 5.25 drive (along with a 2gs but that's another post) how do i format the floppies for it and where can i get software for it and the gs. (which only boots to check boot device) i have no software or anything for it. also all it does is comes up to check disk drive what do i do to get to basic?

Welcome to the wonderful world of Apple II computers! One place to go, to find links to LOTS of Apple II/IIGS software, is here:

http://home.swbell.net/rubywand/A2FAQs7GAMESITES.html

Then you need to go here:

http://adtpro.sourceforge.net/

to download software that will let you transfer the Apple II software over to either your IIc or IIGS from either a PC or Mac. Be sure to read everything on the website for ADTPro as it will tell you all you need to know to get ADTPro working with the Apple II and a PC/Mac.

As to getting the IIc into BASIC, when you first turn the computer on press the control key and the reset key together and this will bring up the BASIC prompt.

Again welcome to the Apple II world!

Dean

how bout on the 2 gs dont it have something i can boot to

Just tested the GS and it works the exact same way as the //c. While it's booting up press the control key and the reset key at the same time and you see the BASIC prompt.

Dean

well wheres the reset key (im using an apple keyboard ii iirc) is it the triangly dohicky key

That's it, press it along with the control key and you'll stop it booting up and be presented with the BASIC prompt. Have you checked out the websites I posted links to?

Dean

well i was digging through a box of cables to make my own cable and well
i found a null modem cable for my dads 2gs so its bootstrapping adt as i type

well i was digging through a box of cables to make my own cable and well
i found a null modem cable for my dads 2gs so its bootstrapping adt as i type

So, have you got ADTPro up and running on the GS? Any programs in particular that you were wanting to run on either the IIc or GS, or are you just copying lots of disk images back to real disks? Depending on what you're looking for I'm sure there are several people who can make good recommendations about software you can download and convert back to real disks.

Dean

well ni wnat the startup disk for the gs because iirc it has a gui or it least my old one did. im mosltly into either games or like word processors

Last edited:
Back