• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

For Free, Sale or Trade: IBM PC AT parts and related parts

Super-Slasher

Experienced Member
Well, I've been doodiling around with my second PC AT and I can't seem to get it working. It keeps saying that the disk drive controller isn't working, despite putting different cards into it, so I'm convinced it's a possible motherboard problem. Considering I already have one working PC AT, I'm going to give the non-working one up for parts. To clear up some room as well as possibly make some other AT owners happy. The parts I have to offer are as follows:

• IBM 30MB full-height hard drive, no bad sectors or errors with MS-DOS 6.22 and Windows 2.03 installed
• IBM 1.2MB 5.25" floppy drive
• MFM floppy/hard drive cables
• PC AT case
• Type II motherboard, 512KB, Intel 80286-10 @ 8MHz (possible problem)
• IBM MFM floppy/hard disk controller card (possible problem)
• 128KB Base memory card
• 64KB IBM EGA video card
• Intel 200W power supply

I'm going to keep the PC AT and parts around until mid-December or so, so if you want anything, feel free to pick at it. I'll maybe ask just a few dollars and the price of shipping for the parts requested.

I also have a few other ST-506 hard drives as well, incase interested. All drives are tested and boot to MS-DOS 6.22:

• 85MB Micropolis full-height with IBM PC-style black faceplate and red LED
• 43MB Magnetic Periphrials half-height
• 30MB Seagate full-height

Don't let this classic computer and parts go to waste! Pick it clean, folks!

Well, sorry to see that you can't get it running. Don't be too quick to ditch the spare parts though - you might need them for your running machine.

I've considered keeping it for parts, but seeing how either the motherboard/MFM card is messing up, I don't see much of a point in keeping it. I've already found a buyer, plus it'll clear up some much needed room in my bedroom. Even without it I'll still have a spare hard drive and floppy drive...

Back