• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

For sale: 486 gaming system (located in Finland)

aitotat

Experienced Member
I've build a great 486 system from extra parts I had. I tried to sell this at Finnish auction site, huuto.net, but nobody was interested.

Pictures are here and specs are:
  • Asus ISA-486SV2 motherboard + 16 MiB RAM
  • Intel 486DX2 66 MHz
  • Cirrus Logic CL-GD5428 based VLB graphics card with 2 MiB RAM
  • Network card with XTIDE Universal BIOS ROM
  • VLB multi I/O card (native support by XTIDE Universal BIOS)
  • CF to IDE adapter with bracket (card can be easily removed)
  • 6 GB Hitachi Microdrive
  • Mitsumi quad speed IDE CD-ROM drive
  • 3.5” Floppy Drive (quiet Panasonic)
  • Sound Blaster 16 (CT2230) + Turtle Beach RIO (General Midi card with 4 MiB ROM)
  • Temperature controlled power supply silenced with Nexus SP802512L-03 fan
  • Barrel battery replaced with two AA batteries
  • PS/2 mouse + serial adapter
  • (optional: keyboard with Finnish/Swedish layout)

Not only the specs are good for retro gaming but I spend a lot of time installing software:
  • FreeDOS 1.1 and start menu for gaming purposes
  • Almost all commercial DOS games released as freeware (those mentioned here)
  • Some popular shareware games
  • Small freeware/shareware utilities and testing programs
  • All drivers are installed and configured

I ask 100 euros. Shipping is about 30 euros to most European countries. I could also give CRT monitor with it (15” Forefront DH-1570) but that would raise shipping costs and shipping a CRT monitor can be risky.

Very nice. You could consider eBay Germany. That is where I successfully sold everything while I lived in the EU.

With shipping it is sometimes also easier to ship everything but the desktop / tower. (Multiple) smaller are typically cheaper with shipping.

Back