• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

FOR SALE: "Basics of Digital Computers" vols 1,2,3 (c) 1958

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbus

I have an extra copy of the hardbound edition of "Basics of Digital Computers" which includes all 3 volumes under one cover. The book is by John S. Murphy and was published by Ryder. It is copyright 1958.

The book has sections on:

- Germanium diodes
- Diode AND and OR circuits
- Vacuum Tubes in Computer Logic
- The MultiVibrator
- The Magnetic Core Operating Principle
- ...and lots more

The book is FULL of interesting drawings and diagrams and is really cool to look through. Some of the pix even have old cars etc...

This is a CLASSIC TEXT from the beginnings of computing and belongs in every collectors bookshelf. I have another copy (mint! sorry!) and also the individual 3-volumes in paperback.

This copy is in excellent condition except for edgewear and tearing on the top of the spine. But the pages are clean, tight, and unyellowed and it's a joy to read. A previous owner's signature (hi, "Jack Sutton") is in the flyleaf.

I'm asking $20 plus ship for this book - it's a deal!

First buyer takes it, PayPal only. Shipping by UPS or USPS, your choice, since you're paying...

gksloane@hotmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back